Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    Shrink wrap it will take care of your problem
    I'm guessing you mean heat shrink tubing..... I wish I would have thought of that, I got really tired of losing pins, and have gone back to stock.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dwmoss View Post
    I'm guessing you mean heat shrink tubing..... I wish I would have thought of that, I got really tired of losing pins, and have gone back to stock.
    If you're still using the rubber o-ring I think the front area is pretty snug and the heat shrink tubing will rub and wear out after a short time unless you do a bit of filing, but it may be the back.

What I ended up doing was finding a small metal ring (like a key ring) that fits perfectly into the groove of the yoke and then used the heat shrink tubing over it afterwards.

***You Build It ...I'll Jump It!!!*** OS .18 TZ; Trinity Pipe; HCR Titanium Skid Plates & Bumpers; Futaba S9450 Throttle Servo; Airtronics 94358Z Steering Servo; RPM A-arms & Knuckles; FOC; Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins,Turnbuckles, Push Rods & Rocker Posts; New Era Roll Bar & Engine Mount; Proline Mashers on Velocity Rims.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    On one of my mervs I have traxxas cvds all around and still have the spare o rings it came with early last year. I think there might have been a bad batch of o rings. Most have never had any problems with them and some have nothing but problems

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    On one of my mervs I have traxxas cvds all around and still have the spare o rings it came with early last year. I think there might have been a bad batch of o rings. Most have never had any problems with them and some have nothing but problems
    The o-rings dry up over time, start to crack, become almost brittle and then fall apart. I don't understand why the use a pin with an o-ring at one end and an axle pin in the other, the o-rings just seem like a bad idea all together. I've seen 3 instances where an o-ring has failed while someone was driving, it's rather violent when the pin starts to fall out and immediately binds up the drive train.
    ***You Build It ...I'll Jump It!!!*** OS .18 TZ; Trinity Pipe; HCR Titanium Skid Plates & Bumpers; Futaba S9450 Throttle Servo; Airtronics 94358Z Steering Servo; RPM A-arms & Knuckles; FOC; Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins,Turnbuckles, Push Rods & Rocker Posts; New Era Roll Bar & Engine Mount; Proline Mashers on Velocity Rims.