Thread: tekno cvds?

RC Enthusiast

tekno cvds?

not happy with mips anymore , to many issues they have to work out . tried the fastlanemachines and they were awsome but they had a very thin spot on shaft that made no sense and they both broke there . but there hexs were welded on , no pins , best design i have seen yet !!!

do the newer version of the teknos still fall out at normal ride height ?

RC Qualifier
    yes they do... i had to drop my ride height and since then ive had no problem... have you tried mips x dutys ????

RC Enthusiast
    thats what i ment by mips ,. yes the heavy duty ones , the axles break or bend every week .

Do you have the 17mm wheel adapters on them? If you do you need the ones from Mip to work properly. They axles are covered by warranty. Give us more info about how and why the Mip axles are failing you. We can probably help you.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by slashatc View Post
    do the newer version of the teknos still fall out at normal ride height ?
    yes. you can fix this by getting rear out drives and putting them on the front. they are a sligth bit longer.
    ive hit my jump way over 100 times jumping 20ft and they never poped out after stepping up the speed and getting about 30ft and not landing right ive poped one front and one rear. i also use rpm arms btw

RC Racer
    what are tyou doing to break mip shafts man? How hard can you possible be on that rc?
    Stampede VXL 4x4:

MIP Shafts and more....

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    I did a pretty good job roughing up mip axles too. Maybe some of us call "hard bashing" the same thing you would call "way to hard" on a truck. I do understand that my average session is well beyond the intended use of the products so, I don't complain or try to get a warranty claim for thing I caused to break. If its inside of intended use, I will pursue the warranty replacement.
    I also use tekno, they are my best option so far ( not including XO1 I'm using now). Yes they pop out once in a great while. But only from a really hard impact. With a well set race slash, you shouldn't have a problem, and the 6mm shafts are a huge benefit. Just my 2 and opinion.
    Last edited by thedreadedend; 03-19-2012 at 11:20 AM.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Racer
    benny like I posted in your wobble thread Im going all stock this week. With new cups bearings and housings. Gonna see if its just easier to replace the stock stuff when it breaks.

Wildbills rc go look for my video post under ATC racing and you can see how hard we bash/race. Its a 8 hour day of what you see in the video.