RC poster

oil weight in BB shocks

Just ordered BB shocks for my slash 4x4. I think I might be having some torque steer problems. It is less than a month old and veering hard right at full throttle. My question pertains to oil weight. Since the BB shocks only come with one weight of oil do I need to order heavier oil? Another question is what are the shock spacers main purpose? Maybe I could get rid of some of my problem spacing the shocks different not sure because I am a noob. Thanks for any help.

RC Racer
    I run 70 in the front and 50 in the rear seems to work well on the track I run on. Those shock spacers are for setting ride hight. Keep them even on both sides. As far as you torque steer. I would check your bearings and make sure they are all good. Also I dont think the stock servo has enough tq. to hold it straight when the wheels balloon up. I fixed it with a better servo.

RC Qualifier
    You only need different shock oil if your truck in bottoming out on jumps. The spacers are used to set how fast you want your truck to spring back up. The more spacers, the less sag your truck will have. The combo or more spacers and thicker oil should make your truck handle better.

RC Qualifier
    I run 70 / 70
    Handles good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Thanks guys.

RC Racer
    I run 60/60 in the big bores, runs great for me.

The torque steer isn't really a shock problem. Have you ever driven a car with a lot of horse power? When you break traction the car veers to one side or the other. That is what your Slash is doing. you can countersteer and you should be fine. Takes a little practice but I know you will get the hang of it!
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the input fellas. I just ordered some 65wt for a lil' suspension tuning.

SS