Why do most people make Slayers into E-Slayers? Why don't you just buy a Revo 3.3?

I've noticed "most" people have made there Slayers in to E-slayers with the Revo parts. Why don't you just buy a Revo 3.3? I'm confused why somone would go through all that time puting Revo parts int o there Slayer to make it more like a Revo. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!? JUST GO OUT AND BUY A REVO! DON"T WASTE A SLAYER! So, Can any one please shead some light on the subject? I just simply don't get it.

RC Qualifier
    For me when I first saw the slayer pro I was like WOW thats a awesome looking truck and something different until I drove the truck. It was a little hard to handle and a little hard to drive and since I'm into fun, speed and back yard bashing I wanted it to handle better. So I bought the revo A-arms and a few other things to make it work and installed 1/8 scale buggy tires and now it handles like a animal. I can rip this thing every hard and dont have to worry about it flipping over when I take it out. Now Im having fun with it. I like nitro I'm a die hard nitro guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    I've noticed "most" people have made there Slayers in to E-slayers with the Revo parts. Why don't you just buy a Revo 3.3? I'm confused why somone would go through all that time puting Revo parts int o there Slayer to make it more like a Revo. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!? JUST GO OUT AND BUY A REVO! DON"T WASTE A SLAYER! So, Can any one please shead some light on the subject? I just simply don't get it.

RC Champion
    Are you asking why the conversion to electric from nitro or slayer to revo?
    I went with the og slayer and converted it to electric because I am more comfortable with electric. I also like the old slayer because there are more body options for it.
    The best thing about the slayer is if I get bored with it I can turn it into a revo.

RC Qualifier
    I would say because it's a hobby, and people like to tinker. I had a blast turning my Nitro 4 Tec into electric. Just to see if I could do it. And the Revo to Slayer, Slayer to Revo is such a simple conversion, I built mine out of a roller I had laying around. I don't know how much money you are making but it would be cheaper for me to convert a Revo or Slayer than to just go buy a new one.
    If you can't beat it....destroy it!

Ya, i love tinkering with my slash and changing parts etc. i'm looking forward to getting my slayer in about a month... ps GREAT COMMENTS KEEP"M COMING GUYS!

also might have something to do with that new for new a slayer pro is like $130 or more cheaper than a revo 3.3.................... so why not buy the extra parts from an ebay chop shop for less than half of that difference and have a revo for cheaper? or the ability to have a revo or a slayer?

as far as going from nitro to electric using electric revo parts my guess would be for the lower center of gravity parts to place batteries and such like the e revo has. and thats just the reason to not use existing parts.
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

I think that some get a nitro truck thinking that they want to give nitro try and then find that for one reason or another that nitro is not for them maybe it's the noise your not going to be able to run around your house without the neighbors complaining about the noise or their is a lot more maintenance involved with nitro or maybe they just want the increased speed that goes with electric.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran