Thread: mip wobble ?

RC Enthusiast

mip wobble ?

any way to shim the mips ,cause i can take the mip closest to diff and move it 1/4 inch in each direction on end of diff gear ,

RC poster
    What kit do you have? Do you have pics?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by slashatc View Post
    any way to shim the mips ,cause i can take the mip closest to diff and move it 1/4 inch in each direction on end of diff gear ,
    Did you use hpi pins or the included set screws to attach these to the diff outdrives? these HPI86094 work a 1000x better than the set screws. they go through the out drive like the standard drive shaft pin does, these are the perfect fit for the mip xduty cvd's.
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

RC Enthusiast
    I use those through pins but the axle shakes so much it makes the bearing inner hole open up and I get a severe wobble and I'm not the only one

RC Champion
    I use those through pins but the axle shakes so much it makes the bearing inner hole open up and I get a severe wobble and I'm not the only one
    I have no wobble, so i would check your assembly and what hexs are you using

I have had the same thing happen. For me I got some thread locker on moving parts. I took it apart and cleaned it. Make sire you don't use too much loctite so you dont lock moving parts up.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    I have had the same thing happen. For me I got some thread locker on moving parts. I took it apart and cleaned it. Make sire you don't use too much loctite so you dont lock moving parts up.
    I did the same thing lol, i used it very sparingly after cleaning them up. Been holding well so far.

RC Enthusiast
    I'm talking about the diff side not the wheel side , take ur 2 fingers and grab the mip joint the screws into diff and wiggle it

RC Enthusiast
    nevermind , its the diff cup wearing out and the shaft is moving around in there

RC Racer
    slash im going all stock for next week. diff cup, axles, everything. I think we just put these trucks through to much in one day. 8 straight ours is too much without a teardown even though we blow them off with every pack. Steve's axles help up fine with the 2400 for the day. Oh yea I got a video of saturday loading to youtube ill post it here later.

RC Champion
    nevermind , its the diff cup wearing out and the shaft is moving around in there
    I had that problem with my 2wd pede i ended up putting bearings into the diffcasing to support the shaft. Ill have to take a look at mine sometime

RC Enthusiast
    thanks apex , but i dont see any way to do that on the 4x4 , unless we can get some kind of one bearing instead of cup

RC Champion
    thanks apex , but i dont see any way to do that on the 4x4 , unless we can get some kind of one bearing instead of cup
    You would have to find a way to modify the diff cup to accept bearings, I wish someone would make an aluminum diff cup that accepted bearings, metal on metal or metal on plastic without a bearing seams silly.

RC Champion
    double post.
    Last edited by Apexracing; 03-18-2012 at 07:19 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    hey ur on to something , there is a snall slot for the rubber , maybe a small bearing will fit , im going to try to measure it , thanks apex for the idea