Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: mip wobble ?

  1. #1
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    47

    mip wobble ?

    any way to shim the mips ,cause i can take the mip closest to diff and move it 1/4 inch in each direction on end of diff gear ,

  2. #2
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4
    What kit do you have? Do you have pics?

  3. #3
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    camillus, ny
    Posts
    2,560
    Quote Originally Posted by slashatc View Post
    any way to shim the mips ,cause i can take the mip closest to diff and move it 1/4 inch in each direction on end of diff gear ,
    Did you use hpi pins or the included set screws to attach these to the diff outdrives? these HPI86094 work a 1000x better than the set screws. they go through the out drive like the standard drive shaft pin does, these are the perfect fit for the mip xduty cvd's.
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

  4. #4
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    47
    I use those through pins but the axle shakes so much it makes the bearing inner hole open up and I get a severe wobble and I'm not the only one

  5. #5
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    camillus, ny
    Posts
    2,560
    Quote Originally Posted by slashatc View Post
    I use those through pins but the axle shakes so much it makes the bearing inner hole open up and I get a severe wobble and I'm not the only one
    I have no wobble, so i would check your assembly and what hexs are you using
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

  6. #6
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    El Sobrante, Ca
    Posts
    7,369
    I have had the same thing happen. For me I got some thread locker on moving parts. I took it apart and cleaned it. Make sire you don't use too much loctite so you dont lock moving parts up.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

  7. #7
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    camillus, ny
    Posts
    2,560
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    I have had the same thing happen. For me I got some thread locker on moving parts. I took it apart and cleaned it. Make sire you don't use too much loctite so you dont lock moving parts up.
    I did the same thing lol, i used it very sparingly after cleaning them up. Been holding well so far.
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

  8. #8
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    47
    I'm talking about the diff side not the wheel side , take ur 2 fingers and grab the mip joint the screws into diff and wiggle it

  9. #9
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    47
    nevermind , its the diff cup wearing out and the shaft is moving around in there

  10. #10
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    East Quogue, New York
    Posts
    155
    slash im going all stock for next week. diff cup, axles, everything. I think we just put these trucks through to much in one day. 8 straight ours is too much without a teardown even though we blow them off with every pack. Steve's axles help up fine with the 2400 for the day. Oh yea I got a video of saturday loading to youtube ill post it here later.

  11. #11
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    camillus, ny
    Posts
    2,560
    Quote Originally Posted by slashatc View Post
    nevermind , its the diff cup wearing out and the shaft is moving around in there
    I had that problem with my 2wd pede i ended up putting bearings into the diffcasing to support the shaft. Ill have to take a look at mine sometime
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

  12. #12
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    47
    thanks apex , but i dont see any way to do that on the 4x4 , unless we can get some kind of one bearing instead of cup

  13. #13
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    camillus, ny
    Posts
    2,560
    Quote Originally Posted by slashatc View Post
    thanks apex , but i dont see any way to do that on the 4x4 , unless we can get some kind of one bearing instead of cup
    You would have to find a way to modify the diff cup to accept bearings, I wish someone would make an aluminum diff cup that accepted bearings, metal on metal or metal on plastic without a bearing seams silly.
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

  14. #14
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    camillus, ny
    Posts
    2,560
    double post.
    Last edited by Apexracing; 03-18-2012 at 07:19 PM.
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

  15. #15
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    47
    hey ur on to something , there is a snall slot for the rubber , maybe a small bearing will fit , im going to try to measure it , thanks apex for the idea

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •