Hybrid View

RC Enthusiast

Gear problems... i have no idea.

Whenever i run my slash down the street, it is fine up to about 20 mph but once i go higher than that, then the car makes this really weird noise that sounds similar to a fork scraping on a pot. It doesn't happen constantly, just every 5 seconds or so it will do it for just half a second or so. I think it might have something to do with the rear diff because i had to take it apart and clean because sand got in there, and just sprayed wd-40 in afterwards so that might be it. That was probably a stupid idea. If that's it, does anyone know what i should put in there instead?

RC Competitor
    Did u put diff fluid in the rear end? It comes with grease. Dont run it dry or did u not tear it down that extensive?

RC Qualifier
    i would rebuild the rear diff completely with actual Diff fluid. i like anything more than 50,000 weight in mine.
    RX8 Powered E-revo
    E-Slayer

RC Enthusiast
    no i tore it down all the way, i guess i'll have to go to the hobby shop today...

RC Enthusiast
    Okay well i put in 7,000 diff fluid in front and rear but its leaking out of the rear and i also dont know what the fluid does anyways?

RC Competitor
    I put 10k in rear and 15k in front. Its all about power transfer. If its leaking you may have overfilled it and pushed out or cut the o-ring seal on the housing. Or you may not have the 4 bolts tight enough.

RC Qualifier
    What was the last thing you did before the noise started?

(slip adjustment, gear swap, etc.)