Thread: Mud flaps

RC Racer

Mud flaps

So we got the rpm rear mud flaps the other day and they look great but almost nonfunctional. I wish rpm sold front mud flaps as they would be very functional. I was thinking we should all ask RPM to make a set for the front. I think if we show enough interest in them they would design them and possibly sell them. What do you guys think?

RC Racer
    I just emailed RPM and told them about a thread on this forum about them. I think if we show them enough interest they might make them. So post up below. I know I would take 3 sets right away.

RC Enthusiast
    +1 on front mudflaps would be awesome tried making some with a cloth hanger but they keep bending so a set of rpm's would be awesome

RC Racer
    I think that would be cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    My house! Right down the hill from my chicken coop.
    Cut up an inner tube.

Peace,
    Story

RC Competitor
    id love to get front mud flaps

RC Racer
    Just got my RPM rear mudflaps this weekend, my question is, why don't they cover the tire nicely, unless it's bc I'm running badlands? Fronts would be cool also!!

RC Qualifier
    WE NEED FONT MUD FLAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    RX8 Powered E-revo
    E-Slayer

RC Qualifier
    +1 on the 3 sets right off the bat mine ,my son's and my grandsons. first thing my son told me when i built my grandsons truck dad you have to get him mud flaps they look cool lol. fronts would be nice rpm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RC Racer
    For front mud flaps u guys should get the outrwears cover!

RC Competitor
    i just like the look of having mudflaps all around, its my preferance haha

RC Racer
    You all took the words out of my mouth !! My RPM flaps look cool but are not wide enough !! Front ones would rock !!!
    Revo 5309 3.3 new But a work in progress !!

RC Qualifier
    do those covers breath ok i was thinking of geeting one but worried avout my motor getting to hot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollaitzwillie View Post
    For front mud flaps u guys should get the outrwears cover!

RC Enthusiast
    +1 on front mud flaps rpm , get this to R and D tonight !!! , lol

RC Racer
    Yeah they do breath good!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottinvt View Post
    You all took the words out of my mouth !! My RPM flaps look cool but are not wide enough !! Front ones would rock !!!
    I havn't owned a set of the RPM mudflaps, but if they just bolt on, you could make some wider ones. As Greenskeeper said you can cut up an inner tube and make them as wide as you want.

Front mudflaps would be cool. Just wondering where they would mount?
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

RC Racer
    i think they should mount using the fron nerfbar bolt and clip on to the chassis somehow. If I knew how to use a cad program i would do it. Good stuff guys keep up the interest and ill respond here when they send me a reply. And to the guys that say run a outerwear I am already and its not the reason why i think we need them. The front wheel shoot dirt all over the rear a-arms and stub axles. A outerwear wont help that.

RC Qualifier
    I too would love some front mud flaps. I just put a set of Stampede 4x4 rear suspension guards on my Slash because I hated how the front was throwing crap up onto the rear suspension
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    I could come up with an excellent front mud flap mod but, last really nice mod I created and posted (9/11) was on the market and on (2/12) RPM insisted they had it first. After years of no wheelie bar option for a slash, I made one with broke rpm parts. Then 4-5 months later, they suddenly had one! So the point im making is, be careful if you create a design that works, protect it, rpm told me I never had it patented so it was open to the market. They're right, about that, but very wrong to just take it like they did! This is the mod I did last summer....

And a pic installed

Then, january I read on big squid with pix, a new rpm release was coming! This is what they had pictured

And installed

Here's my thread from last year if you would like to check it out.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-bar-combo-mod
    I simply want to caution you, if you create a worth while design, protect it before showing it off or you could end up steaming mad 5 months later when you see it being released by a major company in rc.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Racer
    +1 on front mud flap, I hare the rear one, they look good but useless since I dont care abt what Im troing in back of truck for sure front one will be good at blocking mud and debris off chassis, rear suspension and inside body.
    as for where mount them, Im sure they can figure out a way to clip them on chassis just in front of the antena.

Go for it ATC Slasher, will support you.

RC Racer
    Update from RPM.

Thank you for sending us your RPM product suggestion for front mud flaps for the Slash 4x4. It is something we've considered but haven't yet managed to pursue. I will be sure to forward it on to our product development department for their reference once again, although I'm afraid I have no idea if, nor when we may be able to produce them, if at all. Please continue to be patient with us and with a little luck, hopefully we'll have something for you in the not too distant future.
    Take care and thank you for your interest and support of RPM products. If you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to send us another e-mail.

I think if enough email them they might put something in production.