RC Qualifier

Stampede Suspension Guards

How many of you have put the Stampede 4x4 suspension guards on your Slash 4x4? I have them on the front and I'm planning on getting them for the back because I am starting to see quite a bit of damage to my rear suspension from stuff my front tires have kicked up. However, I was wondering if anyone knows what the difference is between the front and rear? They have different part numbers, I believe it is 6732 for front and 6733 for the rear, but shouldn't they be the same? I mean, the A-Arms are the same front and back and the sway bars and shocks mount up the same way.
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

RC Racer
    The front have cutouts for the turning and radius of the front wheels.

RC Qualifier
    The rear are different for clearance issues, if you think about it when they are mounted in the front there is no chassis in the way, but in the rear there is, so the front ones have the gaurd towards the middle of the truck, while the rear have them more towards the outside. The Front are also offset for turning clearence. Hope this helps.

I have mine mounted on RPM arms and they work great.

Front: you can see them towards the middle

DSCF2100 by afol2524, on Flickr

Rear: Towards the outside

DSCF2101 by afol2524, on Flickr

so make sure you get one set of front and one set of rear.
    Last edited by afol2524; 03-16-2012 at 11:59 AM.
    RX8 Powered E-revo
    E-Slayer

RC Competitor
    They are different. The backs don't protrude as far forward near the center of the car - clearing the chassis. The fronts are more tapered near the wheels - they provide more clearance for turning the front wheels. I think the rear ones might still work on the from with stock tires - might get into trouble if you tried to run larger tires. The fronts would have to be cut down quite a bit to work in the rear.

RC Qualifier
    Awesome. Thanks for the quick reply everyone. I guess I never considered the steering and chassis being different front to back. It doesn't matter too much as I have to buy another set for the rear and would be buying the rear ones anyway, but I was just curious about what was different. I am probably going to be buying some big bore shocks soon and didn't want to get them dinged up like my stock shocks have gotten
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

RC Enthusiast
    Oh man I need some of those, too many lower spring retainers lost while bashing. Turns out a body clip on the shock shaft can let you run a bit longer when you're away from your tools/parts bin.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I've just done a chassis swap, P4de to Slash 4x4 and left the shock guards on. I really like the look of them more than anything. On the first run I caught one of the front shock guards on a low curb (about 1/2" high) and it snapped the mounting screw in the A-Arm. Not the shock screw, but the inner most screw that secures the guard.

Because of that I've upgraded straight to RPM front arms, but I've left the guards off on the front. The rear ones seem to keep a lot of dirt and grit out of the shocks which is good.

Anyone got a pic of the RPM guards to compare?
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

RC Qualifier
    My guards worked great when I used them, I have d8 shocks now.