RC Racer

2200 mah 2s lipo in slash 4x4?

Trying to find out if I can run the 2200mah lipo in slash 4x4. Looking for shorter runs times but cant find if its ok. Esc says it can draw up to 320amps but cant find how many amps motor can draw. What im looking to do is use small batteries in the slash at my track when people come to visit and run the track. Figure it would give short turns and some cool down in between runs would also be using for my son with his rc to go along with same idea as above thanks guys
    Your signature is not appropriate Please change it

those sound like there for the 1/16's right? if so then they wont be able to provide the power the 1/10 is going to need. if you have 2 of them then you'll have to run them in parallel to be able to get the amps you need that the esc/motor is going to require. i wouldnt run just 1 battery as you'll overload the battery and cause it to heat up and might cause harm to not only your rc but also to your self.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Racer
    I kind of figured that but was hoping it would didnt want to be much above 2500 or so and being cheap they would be a good guest battery

those batteries do best on the 1/16 systems as they cant supply a high amp rate. even if you hook up in parallel then its still less than 5000mah and they will drain faster than a 1/10 lipo would in the slash 4x4. give it a try yourself before the guests get there and see how runtimes are. just watch the temps of the lipos though.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    Might get away with running a couple of them in parallel but I doubt it

Stock motor is capable of bursting over 100 amps

2200mah 20c pack is good for 44 amps, 88 amps for a pair of them in parallel

Cheers
    Last edited by crusey; 03-16-2012 at 11:07 PM.
    Slash Platinum
    Xerun 150 / Tenshock SC401 3500kv

RC Qualifier
    I have a few of 2500mAh 30c (75A max peak current) 2s batteries for my mini e-revo and summit, 3 cells for my slash.
    Sometime during testing, I don't want to bring the big boy 8200mAh from the firesafe box, so i just use the small 1/16 scale batt. to test-run the slash 4x4 with mmp-2400kv combo in it.
    It runs fine in short time, even wheelies in my family room, not sure about long run though.
    Last edited by hskb; 03-16-2012 at 10:53 PM.

RC Racer
    Tower hobbies has them listed at 55a continuous with a burst of
    110a. Couldn't find anything on traxxas site