RC Champion

Thumbs up Question about chassis

Hey gang I need help figuring out what chassis I have here.

Oh yeah, I figured it out. It's the ANZA chassis I bought yesterday. I also picked up the hinge pins and the f/r bulkhead/tranny tie bars. I like the chassis a lot and I am working to get my Raptor body mounted on it. Here are the pictures.

I really like how clean the wires are with this chassis. I hate seeing exposed wires!!
    Was an xl-5, now its vxl-ent!

RC Champion
    Nice chassis, it looks kind of familiar! The wire routing is very clean and nice. How long did it take you to put the battery pins in? Where do you think you will be running it? Congrats on the new piece
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Champion
    Thanks dg. The battery pins weren't too bad. I ran my 3mm hex driver through them to open the hole up. I guess they took 10 min to assemble. I will mainly run it on the street, but I may take it to the local indoor dirt track about 5 min away. Here are some pics of my Raptor body and optional wheels/tires. I have intentions on getting some more Split Six wheels and mounting Proline Trencher SC tires on them. I think then the Raptor body will look perfect on top of those tires. I am getting some tire rub on the body when they balloon, so I need to raise it up some. Here are some more pictures.

RC Champion
    Lookin' good!
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

RC Champion
    Congrats! I was working on my build today, another Anza/Slash to be born in Ohio
    Sure looks clean and sweet. I like the looks of that Proline tiebar, didn't know they had one like that??
    Nice wire placement too, I think I need to rethink mine a bit yet.

Have fun and keep the shiny side up!!

Wow DC. That is SIIIIIICCCCKKK bro. Excellent job, Love the build, parts, and LOVE the body. Especially with the street fighters on. VERY nice brotha.

RC Champion
    Thanks guys for the props. It took some time to get everything to start off, but as we all know the upgrades are never done. The truck handles AWESOME on the street. We have a speed bump on the street and it jumps so much better than it used to.

kwitty- It they are actually ANZA tie bars f/r, I just put decals on them. I got the idea from one of Absoloots builds and I decal my tiebars now.

RC Qualifier
    I'm liking this chassis how much it set u back?
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

RC Champion
    Anza chassis is $119. You can swap over all other Slash parts right on to it or upgrade parts or add some of their components.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by kwitty View Post
    Anza chassis is $119. You can swap over all other Slash parts right on to it or upgrade parts or add some of their components.
    that's not to bad I guess, is it real carbon fiber or plastic with carbonfiber decals on it?
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

RC Champion
    It is real carbon fiber with an anodized aluminum center plate. The optional shock towers from ANZA are carbon fiber also. I picked mine up from HobbyTown since everything was in stock and I didn't have to pay shipping on top. Prices there are the same as the ANZA site $119.99 for the chassis. Here are some more pictures of mine with the added battery foams. The front foam was custom cut to hide the servo wire and to hug the servo mount a little better. I also took from Pave's build and added a heavy duty link from the servo to bellcrank.

Custom cut foam

Rear foam

Hidden wires

Heavy duty servo link

RC Racer
    thats a badass chassis. nice job!

RC Racer
    how do those proline street fighters work for you? plenty of life out of them or quick to wear?

RC Champion
    They are very grippy and seem to be wearing great. Since the wheels are the same all around, I can rotate them for longer life. They are directional though. Thanks for the comment about the chassis.

RC Racer
    I think I am sold on those tires now. I have been looking at them for a while not but couldnt decide if they were worth the money.

RC Champion
    Definately worth the money in my opinion.

Man, do I like real race trucks! The bashing side of me feels neglected lately. The lcg stuff available now, really gives us trx guys a performance boost at the track. I hope you guys that are building these get a chance to race them. I was hoping someone at my track would pick one up for me to check out in person. Unfortunately there are not any yet.

dcsally97, do you see any cons in how hard to clean this chassis is? I am thinking of running one at a local dirt track. My slice will be murder to clean. Will it be hard to get into all the nooks and cranny's?
    Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...

RC Champion
    I think the hardest spots will be the chassis/battery foam. You can see that there is still space and dirt will collect and possibly pull up the padding. On the other hand and total tear down and reassembly shouldn't take much longer than a stock chassis. I took all day last Friday building it, but that is because I wanted it perfect. I have thought about going to the local track which is 5-10 min. from my house. It is an indoor dirt track. I don't want to race as of yet, but practice laps would be appealing to me. I think ANZA is next on your list rag. If you have a local HobbyTown go there and see if anyone has on that you can see/handle. They sell the chassis and all the parts there.

Yea, I have my own parking spot there lol. Just have not needed anything quick in the last month. I drive by it about 10 times a day in the cab, but trying to stay away. Impulse buying is bad for my rc spending diet I am on 8)

How about where the alum and graphite chassis pieces come together?

My local outdoor dirt track is a bit bigger than the carpet indoor track I run at. I think the anza would be better on the larger track compared to the mid motor slice, which likes small tight tracks. Hopefully we will get some relief from the gas prices somehow soon. In the last 2 years my fuel cost has gone from 55-60$/day to around 90$ a day now. thats about 840$ more a month I pay for gas just so I can work! I am cutting back on everything including my rc spending. If this came out 2 yrs ago, I would have 3 by now. Just bad timing for me right now. There's always the power ball lottery...
    Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...

RC Champion
    $90 a day for gas? Nasty!!!! It is $3.95/gal here in Cincinnati. Gas prices are ridiculous.

RC Champion
    New parts yesterday!!! Will post pics soon.