RC poster

proline power stroke shocks

im thinkin im going to get a full set of the proline powerstroke shocks , does any one have some opinions on them good or bad ???

RC Enthusiast
    i own rear, and for the most part they are great for bashing, i actually bought a pair and dint realize the need oil, for 4 mouths i drove with dry shocks and, there is no damage on the inside, in my opinion the are awesome shocks

RC Qualifier
    They're far too expensive for what they are. Pretty, yes. Perfect, oh so far from it.

For the same money, you can pick up a set of Big Bores (~$42 a set from Stormer), a selection of springs (Losi linear for XXX, ~$3.50 a pair) and a variety of oils for tuning. Much better investment.

RC Champion
    I have learned a lot about my Traxxas shocks and the more I learned the better I got things working, the only thing I really don't like is the plastic preload clips, I prefer the threaded adjusters like the Proline has. I will have one Slash with Traxxas and one with Proline and probably be happy with both

I do think that the Traxxas Big Bores would be the very best value as the Prolines are rather expensive at least $75 or more a pair. Keep in mind that a free moving suspension arm and a non-flexing front or rear tower will let the shocks do more of what they are designed to do, cover the basics first and then learn about shocks and tuning them is my thoughts

RC Qualifier
    I ordered a rear set myself. My big bores constantly leak at the cap no matter what I've tried, really tight, hand tight, new bladders, complete rebuilds, nothin worked. Last straw was when the cap wouldn't stay on any more due to shock body threads being stripped.

RC poster
    my prolines have taken a heck of a rookie driver beating and going strong...45# oil in a WMD lcg works for me

RC Champion
    Have you considered Losi ten scte shocks? They are very smooth, can be adjusted like the powerstrokes, are larger than the big bores, and you can pick up a pair for around $25-$30 on eBay.
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    I have the proline front shocks. To me they don't work any better than the stock ones. They look sweet though. They leaked from shafts not to long after installation too.
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

RC poster
    After bending yet another rear shock shaft, I invested in the Pro-line shocks for the rear of my VXL Slash. So far I am super pleased with the quality and the performance. I picked them up for $40 at my LHS, so they are about my most expensive investment so far. (I haven't done new wheels/tires or body yet) Just setting them next to the stock shocks is laughable. The shafts look nearly twice the diameter of the stockers so I'd imagine it will put up with my abuse.

I've only taken the truck out a couple of times since installing them, but so far it seems to perform much better. It seems to get a little bit better traction and is much more stable over the rough stuff.

I am now debating on the fronts. I'd love to keep things looking clean with the same shocks Front and Back, but I feel like the front shocks might not need quite as much strength as the back. I might just end up putting the stronger shafts and aluminum caps on the front.

RC Qualifier
    Dude, for that price buy some Losi Ten-t shocks.... much better that power stroke
    Well I was just eat'n sum pede and drink-n a slash

RC Champion
    the only issue ive had with my stock shocks so far is a little bending of the shafts. all i need are big bore shafts, good springs, and good shock oil for a good race/basher suspension which is super cheap.