RC poster

Cool Talking buddy into not selling erbe for slash! And another question...

Whats up guys, i have been out of the rc game for quite some time now and just recentelly picked a brushless revo. In my opinion, this is the baddest, fastest, most upgradable, fun to drive car/truck out there. Took my revo to a buddys house and the hobbby proved to be an addiction as he went online that night and purchased the same machine. Both of us have dumped countless funds, upgrading, tweeking and just making necessary repairs. Well the point of my story is, now he wants to sell the revo in exchage for a slash. Is this a smart decision? One trip to a track and now he wants to downgrade. Keep in mind, money is not a factor in this decision. Also, what is the nut coming out of the tranny do? Should it be tight, with the spring fully compressed? Have a pleasant day all!

RC Qualifier
    That's your slipper, the tighter it is the more response your tranny will give. BUT don't over tighten or you will be replacing trannys for the rest of your days lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    If its not a cost issue, then it sounds like yall are about to own 2 trucks each... I've got a few cars, and they each have a special use.

XO-1: going stupidly fast, and parking lot bashing

Slash: test platform for all sorts of things from FPV, to aero packages, to spiked wheels... I'll try anything on that.

ERBE: my offroad platform. It was stuck in street setup for a while, until I got the XO-1 to satisfy that itch. Now its back to monster form, and is still my favorite rig.

SC10FT: Race rig, its single purpose in life is track duty.

RC poster
    Thanks guys, how do I know what the best position for my slipper clutch to be in. I Noticed that there was a little smoke coming from the tranny yesterday(new issue) so someone told me to make that nut as tight as possible. Obviously bad advice! If someone can pointe in the right direction to set this slipper up properly I would love that! Also took the gear cover off and there was plenty of meat on the clutch plate. Thanks!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The slipper is probably the most mis-understood part of the truck....

Its job is to limit torque. If you're running 6s, it takes a fairly precise setting to get the benefits of the slipper, without letting it slip too much that it roasts. You do not want it cranked down.

You'll hear a wide range of suggested settings on this site. Some say only a quarter turn looser than full tight, personally I go much looser than that... but I'm not sure of the number of turns... I set by performance. I want to hear it squeel if I launch hard, but I want it to hold enough to spin the tires.

Bring your slipper tools with you the next time you're out. Adjust it a quarter turn at a time, and see if you can tell when its slipping. It'll make a squeel, but the truck makes a lot of noise, so it can be hard to tell sometimes.

RC poster
    Ok. Thanks. But what is the cause of smoking clutch. Too loose?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madcroc23 View Post
    Ok. Thanks. But what is the cause of smoking clutch. Too loose?
    Yup.

If you've got the aluminum pads, it probably didn't damage anything... If you've got the fiber pads, it'll smell like hot brakes off a fullsize car. Worst case you glazed the pads and need to give them a light sanding.

RC poster
    I'm not crazy ***** I don't have time for two cars