Thread: Radio problems

RC poster

Radio problems

Hey everyone,

I have recently started having problems with by radio equipment and i was hoping someone could shed some light on it. Im running a nitro rustler with an old 27mhz radio (and 3.3 engine, muhaha) and i can run it fine for about 5-10 mins but after that my radio seems to turn on and off. It seems to consistantly happen when i hit my brakes. I will brake and my servos will just stay in that position without returning to their default spot. (luckily it hasnt stopped at WOT) After about 10-15 seconds it will start recieving again and my servos will reset to their default position and i can start driving again. (atleast until i hit the brakes, then it stops again)

Sometimes turning off and on my transmitter will unlock my servos but it doesnt fix the problem. I was thinking i might need to replace my crystals but i would like some more opinions before i start buying parts.

Any ideas?
    Thanks.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    How are your battery levels? (rx and tx)
    If they are rechargeable, they might be in need of replacement because it sounds like they are not keeping up with demand.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC poster
    Both transmitter and reciever have fresh batts

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I wonder if there is a broken wire somewhere...
    keep in mind the wire coating does not need to be broken for the wire inside to be broken.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Competitor
    Your battery wire isn't getting caught on a servo arm, brake or other moving part is it?