RC poster

Question about Charge Rate and Other Stuff

I just got 2x Traxxas 7600mah 2s lipos to run in my 1/10 Summit(yes, I know to watch temps and I have a LVA). On the battery it says the charge rate is 1c and max charge rate is 2c. Is it in any way harmful to charge a battery above the "Charge Rate" up to the "Max Charge Rate"? If not then why are there 2 different charge rates on the package? Also, is it bad to slowly charge(0.1-2.0 Amp) a Lipo?

How water resistant are Traxxas lipos? I've seen crazy people on YouTube treating their 1/10 summit like a boat/submarine and that just looks like a horrible idea. Not sure what batteries they were using and I know waterproof lipos exist but it still seems like a bad idea.

What could I do to protect the batteries from the little rocks that get in the battery compartment and possibly puncturing the heat shrink or worse, the actual cells.

1C charge rate is recommended and what your packs will be happiest at. 2C is a "not-to-exceed" but should not have an effect on the batteries with the possible exception of battery longevity. Knowing the penchant of Traxxas to be conservative with all their ratings, I'd hazard a guess you aren't risking much with the 2C rate. It isn't bad to slowly charge a LiPo, but is totally unnecessary.

I try my best to never mix water and electrics or electronics. If I want to run a watercraft, I'll buy one.

Use foam to ensure the cells do not bounce around. Empty any debris at each battery change and before/after each run. I've never had stones penetrate even standard heat shrink, much less the "rigid" covering of Traxxas packs.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =