Thread: 90 mph today

RC Racer

90 mph today

Finally decided to install the high speed pinion and went out to the blue crab stadium wide open parking lot and was able to get it up the to 90mph. And all i can say is wow seeing this thing fly by is unreal.... one thing i did notice after looking at my saved telemitry data was my temps reached 185 degrees but as trqxxas stated once she got up to speed i could see them drop

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Welcome to the 90mph club! Hehe I'm at 92 the last time I ran. It don't take long to warm up after installing that huge pinion. How did it handle for you?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    yall got me beat.... 84 is the highest I'm claiming so far.

RC Racer
    It only takes a split second to get those other 10mph! GO FOR IT!

RC Racer
    actually it handled pretty good at those speeds i have a slight fear when it comes to getting it "WOT" because of the lack of ready available parts right now if i were to crash it but im slowly getting passed that and just going for it. i just ordered 6 new 3s 5k 35c ****'s just a minute ago along with 10 batts for my blade SR heli that i have and came out at 300 bucks so ill be glad to get those packs because as of right now i only have the 2 stocks so after runs i have to go back home and recharge them. D777 or powers what kind of temps were you guys seeing during speed runs?? mine got up to 180 degrees so would you say its needed after runs to let this thing cool down before putting another set in and running?

RC Racer
    180 on a castle motor is nothing, however Cool down periods between packs is definitely a necessity.

RC Racer
    thanks powers so what would you say would be a temp to look at for and stop it immediately 200 maybe??

RC Racer
    I wanna say once you start approaching 200-220 then your getting in the red. BUt as long as your doing long speed runs with the big gears and not short, drifting type driving you'll be fine. Gotta keep that air flowing in the naca duct.

RC Racer
    cool thanks for the info powers also another thing to look out for is that on/off switch mine went bad already so i had to solder the 2 leads together. same thing happend on my erbe castle should invest in better quality switches.

RC Champion
    How much throttle were you giving it?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    Jeremy

RC Racer
    getting it up to 90 was me slowly getting on the throttle at first then a brief WOT near the middle of the parking lot.

RC Qualifier
    How much time are you guys getting on these stock packs doing the hi speed runs ?

RC Racer
    i got 20 minutes.

RC Qualifier
    20 mins until LVC??

RC Racer
    yea and that was simply because i didnt let my cells charge to 4.20 each they were only at 4.0 when i started the run with the 34t pinion so you should be able to get at least 25 minutes out of a fully charged pack.