Its been a bit slow around here so I thought I might as well just put up the work I've been doing on this Rally.
I bought it originally as a nearly new XL2.5/titan 380 powered slash that had basically never been used. I have no interest in a mini slash and I had a VXL 380 motor sitting here so I sold the XL2.5/titan and put the VXL motor in and bought an EZrun 35amp ESC (on its way).
I removed all the slash parts and bought all new rally parts including the front bumper mount, foam bumper, body mounts and a Protoform Tornado rallycross body and the traxxas wing. I also bought an integy motor fan for it. I had a set of original Rally VXL wheels and tires in my tool box so I put those on and lowered the shocks using some small spacers I had in my tool box.
So far I've only got the body trimmed and mounted. Motor is installed, shocks are re-installed and wheels are on. Im waiting for the ESC, hopefully this week and I havent decided what I'm going to do for a radio. Ihave a cheap 2.4 sitting here I may throw in it and I have 2 stock traxxas batteries for it. Not sure if ill keep it or sell it when I'm done. I liked my rally when I had it... and I literally have nearly NO money in this car at all... by the time I'm done ill have less than $60 into it total. So maybe ill just keep it around.
Im considering dying everything black. I have some black aluminum rockers, orange aluminum servo covers and bearings for the rockers and steering I may install as well... but I'm not sure if I want to go that far or not. I also have a Hitec 85MG for it... but can't find a servo horn at the moment.
Heres the pics. Ill post more when I get more done.