RC poster

Question Feedback: 1/16 Center Driveshaft Damaged

New to RC...Gotta 1/16 Mustang VXL bout 5 weeks ago...Converted it over to a Revo (excluding spur gear and springs)...Ran it around a baseball field a couple of times...30mph setup...Yesterday, ran it on asphalt...front wheel work, back wheels don't...Center driveshaft looks like it has been melted in two pieces...Figured debris got inside and filed driveshaft as it turned...

Is this common? I want to buy the $35 steel center shaft, is it any good?

RC Champion
    I have heard of some people having problems with drive shafts but nothing like that!

RC Qualifier
    I've had the same thing happen, little pebble got inside and milled out the driveshaft. I took some foam tape and blocked off the front and rear of the tunnel. Others have also gone as far as to put a piece of scrap lexan across the top of the chassis where the trans goes thru. The foam works well for me.
    STRC Slash 4x4
    Hobby Hut Raceway, Audubon Pa.

RC Champion
    And i dont think traxxas has the center CVDs in stock yet. They are a brand new item.

RC Qualifier
    I'm getting 2 of them just in case lol.

RC Champion
    After 2 bashes on stock drive shafts the FL sand is destroying them. Im going to need CVDs very soon!

RC Qualifier
    I'm a recovering pebble victim as well. I have a stock shaft on standby. I'm sure I'll upgrade to the new center CVD eventually.

RC Champion
    I think im gonna wait for my stock ones to break. Then when i install the CVDs ill fill all my diffs with what i want in them.