Thread: TQ rx antenna??

RC Competitor

TQ rx antenna??

I bought a slash that has the gray TQ set up in it. The antenna was pinched and cut down to about 6 inches or less. I went in and resoldered a small diameter single strand copper wire to replace the shorter one. The new one is about 12 inces or so, will that be sufficient or should I use a longer multi-strand wire??

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    AM or FM??

Stock AM antenna for the Rx is 24 inches or so.
    Stock AM antenna for the Tx is about the same I think...

FM antenna is not wire... it is coaxial.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Competitor
    Im not really sure, hate to sound a little uneducated but I just got into the hobby so im learning as I go, Its the cheap one I know that so im assuming its the am?? The wire that went into the reciver board in the car was definatly a multi-strand copper wire, I resoldered a thicker single strand and did a test run with the car, I got 3X the distance I was getting, so I guess it worked ok. I do plan on upgrading my radio system as soon as finances are available, what would be a nice upgrade that wouldnt break the bank, im not into racing or anything just having fun with my son on the weekends.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    If the remote has a metal antenna, it is AM.
    If the remote has a plastic antenna, it is FM.

Years... ok... over a decade ago I used Futaba radio's only. Now, I use what comes with my Trucks... it's cheaper that way. Traxxas FM (LINK) radio gear is comfortable in the hand and works well. I only wish they had screens instead of counting blinks. lol

A LINK system can be had for roughly $40 in like new condition.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.