RC Racer

waterproof slash is 100% waterproof

ok to start off im not gonna be a person who talks about the bearings and metal and how their technically not waterproof im going to focus on the electronics,the servo and receiver box are only 90% waterproof they are both held down by screws,the servo is held together by screws and everyone knows that screws aren't waterproof!and as for the receiver box after you open up the receiver box that dose have a rubber gasket you then see 2 screws holding it to the chassie of the car so if the car is submerged in water you get water in the servo and receiver

RC Racer
    ment to be isnt lol

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    I use the Traxxas receiver boxes in my scale crawlers, and they get completely submerged. My extra insurance is to put a glob of silicone on the screws and a glob under the box before I mount it. I also put grease along the edge of the lid before sealing it up. In five or so years, I've never had a reciever go bad on me. I've driven them in water holes so deep, there was water three inches above the roof of the truck! Two trucks use XL-5 esc's, one uses an EVX-2, and my Wraith uses a VXL. All get dunked, and none have failed.....
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Racer
    mine got dunked today in my 5ft pool cause i let a friend drive it for the first time,and water got in the reciver box ,and yes the gasket was on correctly,but o well it just needs to dry out now :P

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXXXMASHER View Post
    I use the Traxxas receiver boxes in my scale crawlers, and they get completely submerged. My extra insurance is to put a glob of silicone on the screws and a glob under the box before I mount it. I also put grease along the edge of the lid before sealing it up. In five or so years, I've never had a reciever go bad on me. I've driven them in water holes so deep, there was water three inches above the roof of the truck! Two trucks use XL-5 esc's, one uses an EVX-2, and my Wraith uses a VXL. All get dunked, and none have failed.....
    Word......
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Did the receiver get water in it? Its not necessarily the water that ruins electronics, it's the corrosion left behind after the water evaporates. Take the receiver apart and blow it out if you can.
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang2dakota View Post
    mine got dunked today in my 5ft pool cause i let a friend drive it for the first time,and water got in the reciver box ,and yes the gasket was on correctly,but o well it just needs to dry out now :P
    You need silicone that traxxas uses at the factory, or equivalent. There have been vids showing these running on the bottom of pools.

P.S. Dont let your friends drive your rc's without a cash deposit. Then they will get their own. You laugh, it works.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Champion
    There is a 'plumbers' silicone grease that is used in faucets that comes in a small round snap top tub like earplugs come in that is water proof and like a clear paste that doesn't harden that would work well for added protection. It is also a good lubricant!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    You need silicone that traxxas uses at the factory, or equivalent. There have been vids showing these running on the bottom of pools.

P.S. Dont let your friends drive your rc's without a cash deposit. Then they will get their own. You laugh, it works.
    yea buy hes a lifelong friend i couldn't his take money,and ill try the grease