RC poster

550 Motor Mount Hop-Up?

I've been having trouble getting the cc 1406 4600Kv motor mounted. First I had the stock plastic gear box and stripped 3 of the screw holes which caused the motor to move around and bent the screw that adjusts the motor position... so I ordered some replacements and an aluminum gear box. Everything was adjusted and meshed up well and I hit something sideways again. Now tightening the motor down, it will angle slightly because the 550 motor mount is slightly dented around the adjustment screw.

I could just order a new traxxas 550 motor mount but wanted something a bit more hardened to avoid this in the future. Does anyone know of a stronger 550 motor mount?

RC Champion
    I think I've seen people use two stacked together on the bigger models
    6.25% /

RC poster
    Not the plate but the actual mount (the one with small fins) that provides standoff from the plate.

RC Champion
    Oh I know what you mean now, yeah I'm not sure what you could do to strengthen that

I wasn't even aware they could be dented that easy.. my advice is get a new one and stop running into things lol
    6.25% /

RC poster
    Duly noted! I ended up ordering a HR 550 conversion plate and mount. I won't worry about interfering with the receiver box as the new ESC isn't waterproof anyway. Now I'm just worried about that plastic pin that the motor mount pivots on. I snapped one in that first crash I mentioned and I'm thinking stiffening that up would help out a lot. So I'm looking for something metal to replace it with.

RC Champion
    I hope you find something for that..

I was thinking maybe you could put together a brace for the rear end of the motor to keep it in place better..

just a thought, I'm not really sure how you'd go about that
    6.25% /