RC Racer

How do you clean your truck????

I am trying to clean my slash. I blowed it off with the air gun now there is just some dirt stuck on. What works the best
    2WD Slash Vxl W/ Venom 2cell LIPO 7.4v 5000Mah 20c

RC Champion
    Run some water over everything and then use the air hose to dry everything real well.
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    You want to make sure tour waterproof Rx box is correctly sealed first!
    Sometimes water will carry dissolved dirt in places you don't want it. If you rn the car in the wet and mud then wash it and use he air hose to quickly displace the water. If you only run on dry ground perhaps air only would be better.

RC Qualifier
    Pledge, and a paintbrush with the bristles cut down. I try to avoid using water on things filled with electronics and mild steel.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Quote Originally Posted by kwitty View Post
    You want to make sure tour waterproof Rx box is correctly sealed first!
    Sometimes water will carry dissolved dirt in places you don't want it. If you rn the car in the wet and mud then wash it and use he air hose to quickly displace the water. If you only run on dry ground perhaps air only would be better.
    Make sure to brush off as much of the dirt before getting the truck wet. Also if you are using a wet wash method, remember that high pressure air can push dirt and moisture into places. Check and maintain your bearings diligently when running in wet, or wet washing your truck.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Enthusiast
    I just spent the last two days cleaning mine inside and out. Are you talking about quick cleaning or detailed cleaning. This was my first time and it took a while BUT I learned a lot, and think I could do it pretty quick next time. If you do it right your front and back end will come off as a whole by removing 4-6 screws. Then I just removed my shocks and tranny case (rear) and tooth brushed the entire suspension under running water. Dried it, WD40ed the screws and lightly oiled the balls and bearings. Checked all screws for tightness and reassembled.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Fx man, you are talking about a slash 4x4 right? This is the 2x4 forum... The way you cleaned yours is a good process though.
    Last edited by rag6; 03-11-2012 at 07:00 PM.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

I spray mine down with the hose and lean it against the garage wall and let it drip dry.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Racer
    On a quick clean I ugrab the shop vac and blow the dirt and gum out. If I get it muddy I do a complete tear down relube and rebuild. Do this with my pede also.

RC Racer
    I use Simple Green and a soft bristle scrub brush probably every 5-6 runs. Hose it down, blow it dry with compressed air and lube critical areas. If you don't dry it the stock hardware will rust. I've been doing my Slash this way for 7 months and my son's stampede and never had a problem on either model. As long as the electronics are waterproof I see no problem with this method. Use low pressure around the receiver box, speed control and motor. Blowing high pressure air directly into a Titan motor might disturb the brushes and cause them to chip. It's also a good time to check all your suspension, pins and screws for any damage.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Fx man, you are talking about a slash 4x4 right? This is the 2x4 forum... The way you cleaned yours is a good process though.
    No, it is a 2wd

RC Qualifier
    When I get it really muddy:
    I run it under a hose (or whatever is convenient), and then I blow all the water off with a Shop-Vac.

When I get it snowy:
    I just blow off all the snow (you might not be able to get ALL of it) then I douse any metal parts I see (not motor) with some WD-40. It leaves a rust-resistant residue that will prevent liquid from causing damage.
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL