RC poster

Eliminating first gear necessary for BL Revo conversion?

I plan to use mechanical braking and no reverse and an Elektri-clutch. I'm debating whether I should bother locking the truck into second gear. My thinking is that leaving first will generate even more stress on the driveline components. What do you think?

RC poster
    And if I do lock 2nd gear, will the elektri-clutch still allow me to use mechanical brakes?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    it should, but i would take off the mechanical brake to take some weight off and get a pinion mod 1 14t or higher depending on how your driving style.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC poster
    I'll consider that for the future but I have tons of clutch bells, clutches, and spur gears I'd like to destroy before I make the move.

RC poster
    Nevermind...I see mod 1 is what the revo currently has. The cooler temps (from what I've read) and nitro feel made me want to try the Elektri-clutch out. I figured it would be a little more gentle on the drivetrain as well. We'll see how it goes.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    you can use summit axles and cvd for the center axles if thats your concern but even though things break.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |