RC Racer

How much to build Revo?

Does anybody know how much it would be to build a stock with nw parts revo 3.3 without an engine? Would I save money to build one? Thanks
    Last edited by dh3.3; 03-11-2012 at 01:49 PM.

RC Competitor
    I take a look at the exploded diagrams for the Revo, write down all the part numbers, then price them. I would assume that the price would be comparable, as you do not require the engine. But I would suggest doing the math before making any purchases.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    ebay chop shop. thats what i did. its almost the same as a RTR price after everything is done. i enjoy building it as buying it RTR but have the explodedview handy incase your stump.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC poster
    Probably more than it's worth. You spend more than you think.

Parts are worth more than the whole that is why chop shops sell them--to make money.
    You could find a nice used roller and with a few parts you may come in cheaper than new.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    You’re going to spend lots of money on this hobby if you get addicted so you might as well build it the way you want it. Get a good receiver that you can use on multiple cars and build your own. I bought two RTR’s to get started this past December and I have since built one, and building another. I actually find it just as enjoyable, if not more, to build them as it is to run them. This thread got me thinking, cause I know I’ve spent lots of money since December on this hobby and I couldn’t believe I’ve spent over 6k, not including tools and the workbench I set up.

RC Enthusiast
    I built my Revo 3.3 for 146 dollars on ebay. I had the motor so I was in good shape. But if ya look at "JRC" ebay seller he has most of what you will need cheap. And he combines shipping. Must have got 50% of the parts there. Transmission will be the most expensive part.

RC Racer
    Thanks alot guys.