RC poster

New Summit VXL seems stuck in terms of throttle

Hello,

I've recently bought a (new) Summit VXL car, which was an awesome car at first!
    I had a friend over last weekend, and I showed the car.
    Don't know what happened, but eventually the throttle seems to be having problems, because the car won't go faster forward or reverse at 50%.

I've checked the manual and tried to change the profile for the ESC (the default ESC, bought the car as RtR) but the ESC doesn't seem to 'save' the profile setting, the car just keeps running at 50%, like it's in training mode or something. I've also checked the voltages of my 2S LiPo batteries, they are OK.

I've also read something on this forum about the servo, but I can't see a way to get it loose in an easy way.

I think I am doing something wrong, because I am quite new to this, but I'm forgetting something, but I can't find what.

The problem is still exsists with LiPo protection on and off, even after changing the profiles over and over again. Isn't there a way to reset the ESC to it's factory defaults?
    Last edited by CptChaos; 03-11-2012 at 10:14 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    There are only 3 factory defaults and you are actually resetting them when you change profiles. Have you checked your throttle trim and the throttle "dual rate" setting on the 2.4 radio? If you havent yet, try resetting the 2.4 radio back to factory defaults. There is a description of how to do this in the manual. See if that helps. If not it could be a bad ESC or a bad servo. To unplug the servo you need to take the top off the RX box and get to the receiver inside.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Pav has given great advice... let us know how it turns out.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    There are only 3 factory defaults and you are actually resetting them when you change profiles. Have you checked your throttle trim and the throttle "dual rate" setting on the 2.4 radio?
    You mean the black buttons from the radio or the silver?
    If you havent yet, try resetting the 2.4 radio back to factory defaults. There is a description of how to do this in the manual. See if that helps.
    I shall check this out later, it's evening around here now (I live in the Netherlands)
    If not it could be a bad ESC or a bad servo. To unplug the servo you need to take the top off the RX box and get to the receiver inside.
    Aren't I voiding the warranty if I'd open up the RX box myself? I also do not understand why the servo would be of any influence on the speed of the car. I always thought that the servo is just for steering?

And yes, I am quite new to this.

@Jimmie Neutron: I will sure share any experiences with his advices!

EDIT:
    Just tried resetting the radio, that didn't work. Both black trim buttons were at 0, so they can't be it as well. Leaves only the servo, but I'll check that tomorrow when I have more light.
    Last edited by CptChaos; 03-11-2012 at 03:59 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    You can open the Rx box without voiding the warranty...
    Here is a picture of an Rx box:

I am trying to figure out what you mean by black or silver buttons... as far as I know, the only options are red and black.
    Red buttons and a black slider on the base of the remote, black knobs on the head of the remote, a black button on the Rx, and a black? button on the ESC. Where is the silver button??
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC poster
    Ah, the silver I meant are the screws for the black (potmeter) buttons on the receiver.
    Last edited by CptChaos; 03-11-2012 at 06:32 PM.

RC poster
    Little update: tried everything I could, so I am sending the Summit back to the shop for warranty.

RC poster
    Argh! Something went wrong! Delete me