Thread: Velineon Help

RC poster

Velineon Help

Hey i have had this system for a little over a year now and about 2 months ago i killed the moter. Well i replaced the bearings and it was running fine until today, after running like half a 2 cell i was cleaning and changing my gearing. When i was testing my moter, it wasn't spinning smoothly and then i gave it throttle and it started smoking. Is it time to trash it and if so any suggestions on a brushless system.

How hot was it? Could you still touch it with your hands? Castle makes some great motors to replace yours with.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC poster
    I have only got it hot once, but i didnt run it long enough to get it hot this time.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Was just the motor smoking? If your esc is still fine, It may be worth it to call 1-888-TRAXXAS. They may replace it for you for a fraction of the price... That would be a lot cheaper than spending $120 on a castle sv2/3800 combo. On the other hand, if you are craving a more capable motor, then it may be worth it to castle up. You could sell the vxl esc on the marketplace forum to recoup some of the cost... or, you get traxxas to fix the motor, and sell the vxl system, and get most if not all of your money back from the castle system purchase q8)
    Last edited by rag6; 03-11-2012 at 06:26 PM.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

Bummer on the motor. At least you got a year out of it.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC poster
    the esc is fine, well today i took apart the motor to discover that one of my bearings was exploded and the inside wire was coated with a black dust, the same way it was last time i killed my motor. So heres the question, what am i doing wrong? I only run a 2 cell right now and i am murdering my motor. So how the heck do people run 3 cell without any problems what so ever, like i said, i don't get it hot. I think i will just replace the bearings, clean it up and trade up to sv2/3800.

RC Racer
    The Castle 3800 is a great system for the Slash with a host of parameters that you can tune (punch control, braking, etc.) The only downside is that it is not waterproof so I chose to waterproof mine the "proper" way with 3M potting epoxy. It voids the warranty but now meets my "hose it down for cleaning" requirements.