RC Qualifier

4 Trucks Trailing and Having Fun!

Finally found some other rcers local that aren't into go fast bashing or racing. Turns out they are into summit trailing. Why not its close enough to the crawling I like! So I found a summit on Craigslist for 350 next to new and now here we are. Mine is the yellow and does excellent with the weights I've added to the front. Excellent as far as for what we are doing that means. I hate to say it but yes these are some tough bind the axle flip 5 times fall 10 ft and land on the side but beg for more punishment trucks so far. I've gone on 4 runs with them now each run 1.5 to 2 hrs. Here's my front weights. 6oz each front so far so I have an edge. <br />
    <br />
    Here's some pics on the trail and of mine. Remember I'm the yellow. The shots of mine with the small tires was just me fooling around. <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    There should be a decent YouTube vid in a day or so. One of the guys records with an hd camera and said he would be editing it on up. If you have questions on the other trucks I'll answer whatever I can as I know a few details.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 03-07-2012 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Language
    Lock, Stomp, and Steer. No Fear

RC Qualifier
    Sweet! You're lucky to have some friends that got Summits!
    This is a signature.

RC Qualifier
    how does the blue one like the mud slingers , and i like the pics nice trucks

RC Qualifier
    Looks like some great trails

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 4sdash View Post
    how does the blue one like the mud slingers , and i like the pics nice trucks
    I think they do so well especially in the mud and dirt I have some ordered. They do good on the rocks and often go where the stock tires can't because of the extra .55 in clearance. Plus they make the truck look plain mean ! I've seen him flog it a dozen times on the rocks and hill climbing with stock driveshafts and no breakage.

RC Racer
    Looks like fun, wish I had more to run my summit like that

RC Qualifier
    Well here's some trimmed video of us 4 running. I'm the yellow one and you notice a tire change in the middle. This vid is put together from 2 runs. The guy with the blue had a brushless so was fighting having no dragbrake and trying new treads he ended up not being too fond of. We are all set up very different on our trucks you can see how high the white summit is.
    Oh and I seen the music vs no music thread on here. If you don't like a song mute it. Vids will get better in the future we are still feeling out good angles and editing. Thanks enjoy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdVvN7SbnKY

RC Qualifier
    the white one looks a little lower due to the wheel/tyre combo.
    hows the traction overall for the trail?

I use the same but only for road as the ground clearance is lower than on the canyons.

RC Qualifier
    The guy driving the white summit was having to run his stock revo tires I think they were. His canyons he had on aftermarket beadlocks on the last run just wouldn't stay beaded. So he had a shorter tire and harder compound. The trails we have had are a mixture of mud, dirt, large gravel, and large chunk concrete. All different angles and obstacles to overcome. So the traction changes. Now we are all brushed so can make the same lines. Before the guy with brushless must of had an unsensored motor because it was zero dragbrake and real glitchy when he tried to make a calculated move. Kind of had no choice but to bullhead some areas. It's all good now.
    Also I have a 12t pinion now and a dewalt 14.4v on the way! Summers coming so hopefully plenty more runs

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by snowslider View Post
    Sweet! You're lucky to have some friends that got Summits!
    Agreed! I only know of 2 people in my area that are in to RC's.....one has a Rustler, and the other a Slash. They leave me behind in open areas, and they won't go near the woods or rocks....which is understandable. So they're usually running flat-out in the grass, while I'm at the tree line looking for obstacles to run over!

Just found a 7th guy for our group
    Have to see a line of 7 of them climbing the trail that should be good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Wasn't able to view the video because mobile device viewing wasn't turned on (YouTube told me). Anyway wish you were nearby, I'd be number 8

We will take over this island for starters... Then we spread ....world domination is on its way lol
    I forgot to turn that on on utube as well ,before I had a phone capable of viewing them

Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    well jamann when you spread down here i will join!!!! lol
    custom summit crawler parts lol

Quote Originally Posted by summitcrawler View Post
    well jamann when you spread down here i will join!!!! lol
    The more the merrier just try and stop us......look out non summit owners we're coming for you.... Lol

Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Thank you. Well took it out for the first trail ride on the new tires tonight. I have to say the 2 guys running stock tires walked all over us on the rocks. We still made the lines they did but not with the same finesse. They shine in the dirt and mud but even with my wildly chopped foams are stiff as heck as far as conforming much to the terrain. It rained yesterday so it was tacky on most the hill climbs. They flat out dig and sling mud. Hence the name mudslingers. I think I am gonna break down and cut down my small lugs.
    On these trails there's a mixture of serious rock crawling, going through muddy ravines, and hill climbing borderline foff. I have 6 oz of lead in each front wheel but didn't seem to have the advantage like I did with the stock tires with the same weight. Afraid to add any more weight to the front tires because of the rotating mass. We already end up with a broken shaft or 3 on one of the trucks every other run. Boy this things a pig it has to be nearly 18lbs and I flog it on the trails. Been 5 times with no broken shafts or lockers yet. a real testament to the sturdiness on the whole. No trail vid tonight. We got there late and ran at least an hour in the dark using led headlamps and the trucks lighting. !!!

RC Qualifier

While spidering around in the timber today.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlinMike View Post

While spidering around in the timber today.
    This is making me want to go run my truck right now.

RC Qualifier
    Great pictures and nice trucks... I dont have a summit, but id buy one or build a similar truck if I had some people to run with. Looking at these pictures always makes me want one... Keep posting for the rest of us dreamers
    Cummins Powered!

RC Qualifier
    Lookin good on the mudslingers. You'll have to pry mine out of my cold dead hands. yeah, I kinda like'em!

RC Qualifier
    I got this pic from a trail run today. Had some heart issues yesterday so having to take it easy. No this isn't me but the guy would rather his face blocked. Him with his special trail pack lol

RC Qualifier

Oh this is not fun. These little gears for 7.6 in tall tires?? They did last through some serious trailing though. I also broke a front shaft and stripped a front wheel hex out. Might have a fix for that with JB waterweld. Will see later. I did replace the shaft on the trail in good time though.

RC Qualifier
    Wow. That's exactly what I did last week. I broke a right rear stub shaft and the rear spiders with stock tires. And sense I was a idiot I over tightened the locker servo screws and broke the internal gears. How do you like the tires. I've been debating in the mud slingers or the rock crushes. I cant seem to make my mind up.

RC Qualifier
    Have no fear! I'm a multi rig builder/owner so the 6x6 got some sunshine and grit on it with the summits today. The other guys were concerned it would be constantly stuck but it pulled up and ripped through almost everywhere they could go. I say almost because my 6x6 has a low belly and high centers on logs easier. But it's a heck of a hill climber! No action shots we were havin too much fun

Enjoy