Thread: New Slash owner

RC poster

New Slash owner

Hi all!
    New slash driver joining the ranks
    My lovely wife gave my a slash 2wd rtr a month ago on my 30th birthday

Im new with rc cars but i flew rc airplanes over 10 years ago, ive been longing to get back to the rc hobby for a while now but i felt that i was finished with the flying. My wife who have noticed how much ive been talking about rc stuff and thinks its importent to have a hobby decided to buy me the slash.

Anyway i been driving it alot this month and 2 friends decided to get into the hobby aswell and bought slashes.
    We have had tons of fun and have a big place to drive on aswell. One thing that supriced me is how much beating these trucks can take, we have done som serius crashing and collisions when racing against each other and the only thing that has broken is one nerfbar
    The stock motor seems to be able to take alot of beating aswell, sometimes i have had some gravel or sand getting into the motor and it gets stuck or go really slow, then i just take the rear wheels and slowly turn them with my hands untill i get the gravel gets unstuck and then its just to drive again

After an hour driving the car is really dirty and then its just to shower it and put some wd40 all over it and then wipe it all clean and looks like new

Anyway im really happy with my Slash 2wd and my new hobby .

We have done some upgrading to rpm bumpers and now nerfbars

(my english is a bit crappy but i hope you all understand what im trying to say )

RC Champion
    Welcome to the forum and hobby!
    Glad you're having fun so far!
    The next thing you'll want to do is upgrade to brushless!

RC Racer
    Welcome, your going to love it!

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Welcome to the hobby! You got a great truck to start out with. Glad you found the forums! We're all here to help. Can't go wrong with RPM upgrades; careful, it's addictive. Nice your wife started you on it; you can blame her for the Hobby Shop bills!
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Competitor
    She should have bought you a kite!
    lol
    At least that's what she's gonna say in a month.

Welcome!
    It will consume you!

Slash Raptor

RC poster
    im right there with you im a newbie also i just got a slash about a month ago and i love it i just need to start doing some upgrades and dont know where to start but i have found that these forums are great and all the people on here are will to give advise and help

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Welcome! Your English is almost perfect. Definitely good enough to understand. Aren't these things fun? Yes the slash may be the most durable 2wd traxxas vehicle. Glad to hear that your wife is responsible for at least 3 more people joining the hobby! Any questions, just ask 8)
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Champion
    Welcome to 'Slash' world!

That was nice of your wife, you may have to do the same for her LOL
    They do take an amazing beating and provide a ton of fun, nice to have you on the forum

RC Racer
    Welcome to the hobby and enjoy the new truck! I found its something I cant put down, even when the ground is covered in snow!

RC Qualifier
    Welcome to the forum!!! The Slash is a good truck to start with! It sure is one of the most durable models from Traxxas! I would recommend getting RPM Rear Bearing Carriers. They are one of the things that break the most when you are driving. It seems when people are bashing with each other though they will either break Rear Bearing Carriers or what most of them break is their nerf bars. It happened to me a few times, and only does when I'm driving with someone else. Haha. Also another upgrade to get would be either the Aluminum Traxxas or STRC Front Canister Blocks. You can't go wrong with some aluminum Steering Blocks as well. I recommend Traxxas Aluminum or RPM plastic Steering Blocks. Either or is fine. Also if you ever need any help with your truck, you can come to the forums or my YouTube Channel, "TraxxasRCC". There are a good amount of Slash 2wd Tutorials.
    Youtube - TraxxasRCC
    VXLs: Sl4sh Sl2sh Rusty Merv

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    AKA, I will have to check out your channel. How to's make the rc world go 'round...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???