RC poster

motor upgrade guestion

I got the vlx 4x4. I am thinking of upgrading to a castle creations motor. I ran those with good luck before I got out of the hobby. I am looking at getting either the 2400kv or the 3800kv. Which would be a better set up? Im not going to race and use it as a basher only. Can go with either 2s or 3s lipos. Only plan on going about 40 to 45 mph with this one. The next one I build for speed with be a slash with the mamba monster. I forgot how much of a money pit these can be but oh so worth it.

I haven't heard nothing but good things about the CC SCT 3800 and what I'll likely put in my 2x4 (who forum this is, 4x4 is two doors down...).
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Champion
    The 3800 would easily get you to those speeds on 2S power. I'd go for that one.
    Pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the RC car

RC Racer
    I recently installed a Castle 3800 SCT in my 2wd and am very pleased with its performance. I'm geared 14/56 running both 2s Lipo and 3s LiFePO4 (9.9v nominal). Speeds are good on 2s but it really wakes up on the 3s LiFe. I haven't clocked it but it is definitely breaking 40 mph on the 3s LiFe. The low end torque of the Castle 4 pole is exceptional.

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    I'm running a Castle SV2 with a 4600 motor in mine and its crazy fast on just 2S lipo. I was a little worried about temps. but it hasn't been a problem.
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXXXMASHER View Post
    I'm running a Castle SV2 with a 4600 motor in mine and its crazy fast on just 2S lipo. I was a little worried about temps. but it hasn't been a problem.
    I have the four pole 1406 4600 also and have no temp issues, it's an amzing motor. Despite it's lower KV the 1410 3800 motor is in fact more powerful though (I have it also) as the can is bigger and its rotor is 67% longer. For racing, the 4600 would definitely be my first choice as its more responsive but for bashing the 3800. It has more power and runs even cooler. Pair it with MMP and you could run it without any heat issues whatsoever.
    Pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the RC car