RC Competitor

Slash roll overs???

I just bought a used slash from this guy, he bashed it pretty good so I got a fair deal on it. Anyway this thing tools over like crazy!!!! Im sure he screwed up the suspension and everything so im going to do a rebuild of it. Its a VXL running a mix of batteries, what kind of shock and suspension parts would yall recommend to lessen the rollovers that could be adjusted easily for off road use? Thank you for your suggestions.

RC Enthusiast
    Maybey the traxxas big bore shocks

RC poster
    I like running the prolines

RC Champion
    Rollovers are not at all uncommon The Slash has a fairly high roll center which makes it suceptible to a roll or quick flip.
    You can do things like firm up the shocks with oil or springs, you can move the lower mount point outward. If you have taller tires on it than what comes with it stock you can revert back to more the stock config.
    Then on the other hand you can just continue to learn a driving habit that adapts to its weak points and realize its limits. Either way it is still fun!

RC Competitor
    Yea that was my thoughts about driving on asphalt but it just seems like the whole body has excessive roll to it, thought I could help that a little though.

RC Champion
    When driving on pavement I stiffen up the front suspension a little and use a less aggressive tire (not as much side grip) and as kwitty said...learn a driving habit that adapts to the limits of the truck and just.....
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis