Thread: Stupidity

RC Racer

Stupidity

So I was running my slash for a speed test today when I hit a huge rock that threw my at into backflips and I broke the rear skid plate kept driving it anyways and ripped the screws out of the rear shock tower now I half to buy rpm rear skid plate and an alunnimn shock tower

RC Champion
    Ouch...don't buy an aluminum shock tower get an rpm one. WAY better. I bought an aluminum one once...big mistake. Broke way too easy. My rpm one is SO much stronger.

RC Champion
    Some of the aluminum stuff works, not as much flex, looks cool too, but the good plastics are more forgiving for bashing, they will bend and give before they break...
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Champion
    Definetely go with rpm.

I would go with RPM all the way around!

Its cool to see someone blame the damage on their driving and not try to say the truck wasn't made well enough!
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC poster
    Yes for sure go with rpm. I have all the rpm stuff you can get for the slash and i havent broke any rpm parts and I bash it around and race it.

RC Racer
    RPM it is then,@greatscott yea,all my fault

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    RPM for the win! I too have been the victim of "I'll just keep on driving it" syndrome. Usually ends up bad.....
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

Yea I like to keep going too.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Enthusiast
    as much as it sucks breaking parts you have to admit when we crash our slashes it look amazing

as for parts replacement personally i would go with the aluminum skid plate because it would be sure to keep the chassis rigid and the suspension parts would absorb the shock but i would say rpm shock tower all the way

i run an aluminum front bumper and i have crashed head on to a curb at speed and all that happened was the paint got scratched

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Lucky you didn't snap the rear portion of the chassis. I've done similar and ended up bending a chassis saver, broke tower, bent link, and skid. Just not worth it after the run lol.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!