RC poster

Angry TRX 2.5r issues!!!

So got myself a revo 3.3 last year from a guy and he had already switched the motor over to a 2.5r. Ran last year, a tad rich, but ran. I let it sit over the winter, and being new to the hobby I left the glow plug in as well as the gas. Took it out about a week ago and it wouldn't start. So I was looking on here for a while and tried some of the trouble shooting. Everything checked out with the carb settings and what not. But still wouldn't start. So figured it was from bad gas as well as gunk in the motor. I proceeded to change out the gas, new fuel tank. I also disassembled the motor, cleaned it, and re-assembled according to the traxxas site. I have also replaced the glow plug. I am now trying to get the motor up and running so that I will be able to break the motor back in, as told by traxxas website, however with no success. I have primed it as I should, made sure that the carb it set as it should be for the break in. But yet when I pull the pull-start I get nothing. Not even like it is trying to start. Checked glow plug and ignitor and both are working fine and ignitor is at a full charge.

I now am stuck and don't know where else to go before buying a new motor for the truck. Any help to get what I have running now would be greatly helpful!!!

Thanks. Matt

RC poster
    Ok sorry, mods can close or delete, don't know what was wrong, but got it running

Quote Originally Posted by imateo44 View Post
    Ok sorry, mods can close or delete, don't know what was wrong, but got it running
    What was wrong is that you did not store your RC properly... Chances are you had some gummed up fuel in the carb,,, after getting some fresh fuel through it the gumming probably broke up and you got fuel flowing from the carb again....

The second part is an educated guess, the first part isn't
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...