RC Racer

MMM 2650 in my stock S4x4?

What do I need to make it work? I have a v3 MMM 2650 combo. I can bolt the motor up, but there is nowhere to mount the esc? The motor is too long in length. Looks like the receiver box needs to be relocated also. The stock battery hold down can only hold a 2s lipo. Is there a kit for 3s? Thanks.

RC Champion
    Buy an RX box from the Rustler and relocate to the front of the chassis, holes are there allready for it

Mount the ESC on a flat plate, various companies offer mounting solutions (STRC, Snappy RC)

Traxxas sells an extension for the battery compartment

Cheers
    Slash Platinum
    Xerun 150 / Tenshock SC401 3500kv

RC Qualifier
    Heres how i did mine. I used stock e revo esc mount and it bolts right in after you move the reciever box.
    MMM 2200kv 4x4 Slash
    1/10 Rally
    1/16 Slash

RC Racer
    Thanks for the help crusey. Jeremy....I tried to remove my Rx from the box and it seems stuck in there. The manual says to just pull the Rx straight out, but it will not budge? I think with the force I've been using to "pry" it out, it might break. I need to get to that screw under the Rx to remove the Rx box.

The rx has double sided tape holding it in the box. it will come out, be careful the cover of the rx will come off.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Enthusiast
    stock alright thats sick

RC Racer
    Well, it's stock until I put the 2650kV in it. I wonder how long the stock driveshafts will last? I'm just running it up and down my street for now, so if I'm easy on the throttle they might last a while. I'll be using 3s geared 18/54. That should be good for around 50 mph.

RC Racer
    Thanks for the heads up El Sob. My Tactic 224 mini-Rx does the same thing if you pry on it. Two small snap clips are all that hold the top on. I might as well wait until I can order that E-Revo esc plate, and the battery expansion kit before I install my MMM/2650. Thanks for setting me in the right direction guys. Much appreciated.