Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    RC Racer
    LOL Ninja dance .....

RC Enthusiast
    No worries gully, its all in the name of good fun.

anyways, i need a bit of advice here, and summin i didnt consider when ordering the big block parts etc,
    What would be the recommended motor turn or kv to put into the MERV?

RC Champion
    I'd say 4600kv or lower. Some get 5700kv but its probably over kill. Plus it'll take more amps to power a higher kv motor.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    "You guys are a bad influence on MERV owners!" ... I get it now too

5700kv WOULD be overkill on most any tires imo, my 4150kv can blow up any tires I have if I gear it past 32t.

RC Enthusiast
    Keyboard ninja dance is maybe one of the funniest quote's ive read. I appreciate the laugh.

RC Champion
    lol yeah that was funny stuff SA

I finally got around to going to the hospital and getting a soldering iron woot

found a sweet deal for $16 I got a 60 watt with a dial on it so 5-60 watt pretty sweet..

the solder itself was a bit of a rip off I think but it's all good $10 for leaded .032" rosin core, whatever that means

they didn't have unleaded other wise I would have gotten that, but it's fine, I snagged one of those cheap doctors masks at the hospital on the way out
    Last edited by GULLY; 03-20-2012 at 11:35 AM.
    6.25% /

RC Racer
    Guys do you know what is the part number of the big bearing on the knuckle ? The bearing that is in the middle. Or the dimensions? Thx

Nobody is born with experiance ! Merv (2s lipo power)
    Nobidy is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    007: look at the exploded views. the big bearing is part #7020
    look at this: http://traxxas.com/explodedviews/710...6th-E-Revo-VXL

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Gully:
    I set up my station with a old 12v PC fan being powered by a old phone charger at 5v. Even the Traxxas wall wart would work. This will draw the smoke away from you as you solder.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by kwe View Post
    007: look at the exploded views. the big bearing is part #7020
    look at this: http://traxxas.com/explodedviews/710...6th-E-Revo-VXL
    Thx for your help kwe

RC Champion
    I got my bluebird servo today! I'm gonna have a ton of work to do to my merv when I get home! Install CVDs, install servo, finish my BB install, paint a shell, and rind time to run it for a change.instead if installing hop ups all the time lol

RC Champion
    I've been soldering for 25 years... only when I work for big companies does having a source of ventilation matter, or when I'm soldering 500 boards for a week, when you're doing little touch ups or a few wires here and there... it's not necessary at all. Don't waste your money!!!

RC Champion
    Gully, rosin core means it has flux in the center of the soldier so you don't need to apply any on the outside.

Krall, you should make a little how to for us on soldering. Show us how to soldier a trx connector onto some leads! Lol

RC Champion
    oh I know, thanks a lot guys.. thanks for looking out for my lungs jimmie

I'm just gunna open the door and window in the basement and wear that mask I took from the hospital , I should be fine

I've just been beating on the thing in the back there on that jump I made and I can't get my little glue job to come loose lol, I don't think I even needed the soldering iron

I was out there for about 40 mins just jumping and jumping, trying to record it with the phone attached to the remote, I got a few good shots but I wont be uploading anything until i get some more stuff recorded on there

yeah I pretty much learned everything I needed to know watching one of squirrels videos on you tube
    6.25% /

RC Qualifier
    squirrels vidz are awesome -> since i bought my Merv i did check all the vidz and must say he is a guy thats knows his stuff and can explain it good also

BTW nice BB Gully -> gonna do that also 1 day but first some new wheels and rpm arms for me and enjoy it for a while

can wait to see a running vid of you BB setup
    << respect all the way Gully >>

RC Racer
    Here is what ive done to my merv today!
    Wheels that can turn for my mervs wing gonna try em out asap. And yes mey merv is too dirty but im lazy to clean it up lol hope you guys like it

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossie View Post
    squirrels vidz are awesome -> since i bought my Merv i did check all the vidz and must say he is a guy thats knows his stuff and can explain it good also

BTW nice BB Gully -> gonna do that also 1 day but first some new wheels and rpm arms for me and enjoy it for a while

can wait to see a running vid of you BB setup
    << respect all the way Gully >>
    I never said I had a BB but I will eventually and I'll definitely be sharing it here first

lol thanks man
    6.25% /

RC Champion
    Hahhaa yeah but nice BB Gully!

That wheelie bar on the wing is very... I hope it doesn't break off! I'd be afraid the first good wheelie, or poor landing off a jump will snap them off. Hope not, I want to see vi deo!

RC Racer
    Soon i will share a video of my ramp and the wheelie the wing was already broken and i sticked it with hot glue and already ordered a new wing i also wonder how the wheels are gonna work lol but they look nice i think

I installed a bunch of bearings... that finally came in.

2 of the 5124's went into my Boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    I installed a bunch of bearings... that finally came in.

2 of the 5124's went into my Boss.
    hey Jimmie hook me up with some bearings man thats alot of bearings, i could use x4 JK. i need to get knuckles for my merv way way too much play in there , i can turn the knuckles half way without turning the servo
    DEU 8:18 ESV

I spent $40 on stinkin bearings between the MERV and the Boss. lol
    I could have gotten unsealed ones for cheaper...
    but I would rather spend a little more for TRX blue seal bearings.

dang thats alot for bearings, why did you need all new bearings? is there a difference between the steel/metal ones traxxas sells also?

"Need" is such a strong word.... lol
    I replaced the bushings with bearings in the rockers and servo saver/steering bellcrank.
    Steel ones do not keep water out that well. I like to hose off dirt... so sealed bearings is the way to go.

RC Champion
    You got ripped man!!! Those bags are all empty! That sucks

Haha on a serious note, good for you! I've replaced enough parts that certainly didn't NEED to be, but I was comfortable doing it, annnnd it gave me something to do.

LOL thats a good one, thought you were replaceing worn bearins or something thats why, i need to do that same thing but i dont think i'll spend that much on bearings, atleast not all at once maybe 4 at a time, but will later on as i plan to keep my merv, didnt know that about steel bearings good thing i know now so i dont order those later on thought they would be better but i guess not. thanks for the headups on those. got another coupon from tower for $10 off $25, totally cool, waiting to get some more money this next month or late this month to place another order i hope. gonna order the rpm knuckles and some bearings and whatever i can think of.

cool thing is i placed an order same day and got the code emailed to me later that night, i guess they want me to order more parts and get stuff free with that coupon what ever costs 10. i got my slash bumper free this time for my pede.

RC Champion
    I never get 10 off 25! Only 10 off 50 from tower lol. I just got my Slipstream body today. Also I canceled my back order for CVDS and got them on eBay instead.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    "Need" is such a strong word.... lol
    I replaced the bushings with bearings in the rockers and servo saver/steering bellcrank.
    Steel ones do not keep water out that well. I like to hose off dirt... so sealed bearings is the way to go.
    I have the bearings for the rockers on order. I've already replaced the bushings in the servo saver.

On a different topic: For those of you that have the T-Bone Skid Plate, any issues with replacing worn screws? I ordered a full set of black oxide hex screws. They were a pain to find.

Quote Originally Posted by korn0307 View Post
    I never get 10 off 25! Only 10 off 50 from tower lol. I just got my Slipstream body today. Also I canceled my back order for CVDS and got them on eBay instead.

I'm still waiting for my parts to ship from tower its coming from reno,nv and i live in california so once shipped it should take like 2days i hope they kinda slow, i ordered friday night and they have had saturday, monday and today and they still havent even shipped it out yet, but i guess i cant complain since i saved or pretty much got something free since i had to order anyways. i would give you the code but says for my email only sorry Korn.

RC Champion
    Its cool man! I'm a little upset that I don't get coupons like that tho cuz I have spent soo much there lol. And their shipping is pretty slow. I only ever had 1 order from them that shipped fast. And it was for just a Slipstream shell. Got it today!

RC Racer
    went 3s got some venoms working bahahah a BLAST

RC Champion
    I have a 25-acre property, and just drove it from one side to the other - hills, paddocks, all grass..

Pretty awesome, I lost range so I just held the antenna higher and re-captured it. It was so far away that I couldn't tell if it was facing me, sideways or the other way! Spektrum DX3-E.

Coupla flips on the pavement because of the summit tires, but all-in-all lots of crawling, high speed rounds on my driveway and all kinds of offroading from dirt, to wood, to horse crap hahahha!

RC Champion
    I took my merv for a ride in my car today!

RC poster
    Snapped the front body mount somehow, then took the body off and chased the neighbor's kids slash, then did cart wheels when I slammed into him...

RC Competitor
    Umm did you ride your merv inside you car korn? xD
    FrozenOne's merv total upgrades cost so far ~ 620$

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by krallopian View Post
    I have a 25-acre property, and just drove it from one side to the other - hills, paddocks, all grass..

Pretty awesome, I lost range so I just held the antenna higher and re-captured it. It was so far away that I couldn't tell if it was facing me, sideways or the other way! Spektrum DX3-E.

Coupla flips on the pavement because of the summit tires, but all-in-all lots of crawling, high speed rounds on my driveway and all kinds of offroading from dirt, to wood, to horse crap hahahha!
    Wow! I'm lucky to see 150ft, let alone 25 acres! Amazing eyesight.

Me? Today I had to pop the pin back into the front driveshaft. My first breakage, if you can call it a breakage? Maybe my next "What did I do......" will be to install some CVD's

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by FroznOne View Post
    Umm did you ride your merv inside you car korn? xD
    Yea... That isnt normal?? haha I just got out of the Army today so im visiting my parents then going home Sunday. So my merv is taking a break from the wrench till Monday!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by korn0307 View Post
    I just got out of the Army today
    I've heard there are a lot guys in the army who drive R/C's all the time. Is that true?

RC Champion
    Umm i know some guys who fly RC UAVs Lol i have only been in 2 years and only seen 2 other guys that drove RCs in my barracks. But the hobby shop rite outside of the base i was at had steady customers lol. Does anyone know if there are any good hobby stores in the myrtle beach SC area???????

RC Champion
    Today i bought my merv a castle link so i can learn to program my ESC.

Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast