Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    Haha im patiently waiting for UPS to deliver my BB!

RC Competitor
    Looking forward to seeing some pics of your BB when you get it korn

Today i took my merv on a run, and suddenly the steering stopped working, first i thought that my servo gave up but then i noticed a small rock that was stuck between the servo arm and the chassis. Phew and the servo is fine :P

But then i was doing some "speedruns" in the gravel, lost control and drove my merv straight into a big rock and snapped a pivotball (end is still in my A-arm) and bent my cvd. Boooh :'(

RC Champion
    Good thing its only $8 to replace the CVD if its a traxxas one!

RC Qualifier
    @Frozn Must have been a outrageous hard hit when you broke a CVD

@korn indeed we like to see BB shots
    keep us posted m8

RC Champion
    I will post pictures asap!

RC Enthusiast
    You guys are bad for MERV owners, i just placed an order for the following:

BB Parts
    Mamba motor
    Mamba ESC
    5 Li Po's
    Slipstream Body - Thanks to frozen
    Proline wheels
    Carbon Tail - Made locally in SA yayyyy
    And getting dye to dye the chassis black

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SA Revo View Post
    Who's this random ^ ?

getting a big block and some lipos doesn't make you a better merv owner than anyone lol, that's a joke, I didn't know you could be a bad merv owner.. There's a ton of people on here with sick set ups, and I'm not talking about myself, I don't even own a merv.. take a look around at some peoples builds, you might learn something

aside form that I just wanted to share that the rest of my parts should be in this thursday can't wait to tear it apart, clean and rebuild again

and today so far I just made a new quick fix cover for my slash a minute ago
    Last edited by GULLY; 03-19-2012 at 09:32 AM.
    6.25% /

RC Champion
    Gully, you must have missed that news. You are only good if you have a BB, lipos, and a MERV. You dont have any bro!!!!! Hahahah JK JK. What parts are you waiting for?

RC Champion
    I must be a crap owner then .. lol, just trying to stick up for you merv owners out there

if anyone's bad it's me for having a couple homemade parts on the slash

I'm hoping these will be in thursday..

*GHH05112 rear shock tower silver $10
    *TRA7246 purple shocks x2 $10
    *TRA7030x front bulkhead $6
    *INTC23141Silver heatsink/fan $15
    *TRA5124 x4 rocker bearings $16
    *losa99038 servo horn $10
    *INTT3528SILVER wheels/tires $45
    *INTT3400 rollcage $30
    *INTT3460SILVER piggy back shocks $35
    6.25% /

RC Champion
    No you just do what you gotta do to keep your mash running!!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossie View Post
    @Frozn Must have been a outrageous hard hit when you broke a CVD
    That's the strange part, I don't think it was a really hard hit :/ sure i had alot of speed but it was when i hit the break that i lost control and i lost alot of speed before the impact. But it was probably a really bad angle and it was one wheel that had to take the whole impact. And i use integy cvd's witch i guess doesn't hold up really well

RC Champion
    You guys are bad for having a slash! ... and I'm not joking!

(...yes I am)

RC Competitor
    Here is what i did to mine this weekend : )
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...aptor-Roll-Bar

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by krallopian View Post
    You guys are bad for having a slash! ... and I'm not joking!

(...yes I am)
    lol I actually would have had a merv if my gfs credit card worked the first time because we just moved and the bank didn't change the visa address so I second guessed it and went with the slash

I still think the slash is faster though (if they were to race stock gearing or equal upgrades of course) because the merv wants to wheelie too much and 4 wheels are better than 2
    6.25% /

Quote Originally Posted by GULLY View Post

I still think the slash is faster though (if they were to race stock gearing or equal upgrades of course) because the merv wants to wheelie too much and 4 wheels are better than 2
    Keep dreamin, you need those bigger tires to be able to put the power down the Slash just does not have enough rubber on the ground to transfer the power and go really fast and remain stable. The MERV wins the race every time
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    Keep dreamin, you need those bigger tires to be able to put the power down the Slash just does not have enough rubber on the ground to transfer the power and go really fast and remain stable. The MERV wins the race every time
    +999999999999999999999999 for merv
    Nobidy is born with experience

RC Champion
    Uh oh, look what I started

However let me add to my "what have you done today" bit.. after making the screw BLAMO I did this:

Bwahhaa.

Gully, the ONLY reason the Merv IS faster is because of the tire diameter, if you put the merv tires on your slash, they would be maybe .001mph speed difference (faster slash as it's slightly lighter because of the smaller arms and linkages etc..)

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    To compensate for the MERV's larger tires, you would have to gear a Slash very aggressively.
    So, while we are racing... and you are catching on fire, I will just past you. lol

My wife is running into the same issue... she wants her Boss to keep up with my MERV.
    Even with her 28/45 gearing vs my 23/50... the tire size difference keeps me ahead of her.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    To compensate for the MERV's larger tires, you would have to gear a Slash very aggressively.
    So, while we are racing... and you are catching on fire, I will just past you. lol

My wife is running into the same issue... she wants her Boss to keep up with my MERV.
    Even with her 28/45 gearing vs my 23/50... the tire size difference keeps me ahead of her.
    its always good to be faster then the wife
    HAHAHAHAHAHA
    sorry my bad

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    She is actually turning out to be a decent driver... I think she could win a few races.
    If there were any around us, anyway. lol

If she can handle the MERV on 28/45 with 3.75 tall Dirt Hawgs...
    I think she can handle a low-slug Boss.

Even so, I will be getting the 4370Kv motor and she will get the stock 4000kv. lol
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    dont spoil her to much

RC Champion
    I knew that "slash is faster" bit, would get everyone on the offensive

What if they were completely stock and both had their stock gearing, and let's just say they both had 2s batteries in them and were just doing a quick drag race?

do you think they would tie, or which would win?

personally I think the slash is going to take off as soon as the race starts
    1. because they are both geared from stock to go the same speed
    2. because the merv will probably be stuck in a wheely as soon as the race starts

lol let me know what you guys think..

What I'm about to do to my slash is get a soldering iron/solder wire and fix the ESC connection properly this time

can't we change the name of this thread to what did you do to your mini today or something like that
    Last edited by GULLY; 03-19-2012 at 03:27 PM.
    6.25% /

RC Champion
    I got my BB today! So i started putting it together and started planning it out. I still need a soldering iron and a dremmel before i can mount the ESC. Im going to shorten up the wires on the ESC. Also im thinking about mounting the on/off switch to the inside of the servo.

And here she is all boxed up ready to move back home!

RC Champion
    Gully.... doesn't the slash wheelie? I only wheelie when I want to, so very rarely on accident. You can't just "MASH" the gas... bwahahha, you have to merv it!? You have to lean in on it. So perhaps the slash could take off if it's incapable of pulling a wheelie, but that would only mean it's just spinning the tires, so I dunno.

This could be interesting! Lets hope someone pits them together side by side! Again with the merv having bigger tires, it is much much faster in the top speed segment.

RC Champion
    Awesome Korn! Was just going to post asking for the pictures! Hahah, couldn't have timed it better.

That switch is kind of a pain if you don't mount it on the other servo spot. Look around a few folks have mounted it into the spare servo cover, and it looks great!

I have a switch that's in a case, so it makes mounting it easier, but right now I just have it hanging loose, I haven't bothered mounting it yet. I'm thinking of getting one of those push-button toggle switches, so I can just.... reach in with the body on making on/off's super simple.

RC Champion
    The wire for the on/off switch is soo short i dont know how they mounted it to the spare servo plug. Unless the put the steering servo on the opposite side?

RC Champion
    No no, they cut a hole in the spare slot cover, and mounted it there. Pretty sure they just extended the switch wire

RC Champion
    well it's really hard for the slash to pull a wheelie, and you need series or lipo to do er I think.. so yeah I'm just saying it will get the one up right from the start becaus eit can peel out even if you hammer the throttle ... gotta go! be back to check later what you guys think..

someone with some extra cash should just go buy them both brand new and race them
    6.25% /

RC Champion
    Gully, what if we bump it up a notch and say they both had a center diff?

RC Qualifier
    The vent hole in the shell is a good idea for any setup. Where did you buy the shock socks?

RC Champion
    Badhorsie.com. $8 shipped for a set. They take some work to get them to fit well tho. I made a how to if you wanna check it out.

RC Qualifier
    I think this is the longest, most viewed, non-stickied thread I've ever seen. I love reading it. Keep posting pics, too. I love learning about what yall are doing to your MERVs... with the exception of GULLY. Haha JK

RC Champion
    it probably won't get stickied because this is the 1/16 e-revo AND SLASH thread not the merv thread

some one makes a new one and builds it up it could get stickied.. I wanted to at first but it's kind of a rip off now lol
    6.25% /

RC Racer
    Looked for new nimh batts

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by kwe View Post
    I love learning about what yall are doing to your MERVs... with the exception of GULLY. Haha JK
    Hahahah gully isnt getting any love today!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by korn0307 View Post
    Hahahah gully isnt getting any love today!!!
    That's what you get for buying a mini slash. Hahaha... loser. JK! Totally kidding bro! You gotta love this hobby no matter what car you have... especially from traxxas.

Oh ya... today I paid off all my debt and I have a few spare dollars to spend on R/C stuff. I'm not too sure what I'm gonna get. Maybe some new bearings, there is so much I need... I think I'll buy from RCPlanet. They are pretty good about pricing and shipping for small boxes.

RC Champion
    Yeah this hobby is awesome! Totally awesome if you have a MERV too! >)

Today I spent WAY too much time on this forum and WAY too much time thinking about my car.

Admins can change the topic title though to "merv/mash" in respect to Gully hah!

RC Champion
    I just finished packing my merv for its move. I might not be on here much till next week when i get home. So it'll be relaxing here without me blowing up the forum! Lol at least when i get home ill have all the tools ill need to install my sv2?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    "Who's this random ^ ?

getting a big block and some lipos doesn't make you a better merv owner than anyone lol, that's a joke, I didn't know you could be a bad merv owner.. There's a ton of people on here with sick set ups, and I'm not talking about myself, I don't even own a merv.. take a look around at some peoples builds, you might learn something"

Gully what i meant was you guys are bad in the sense that i didnt wanna do anything to my MERV till i saw this thread, all the nice upgrades you guys do, all the nice setups, so bad for my wallet, at no point did i say anyone was a bad owner etc.

Perhaps learn a few things before doing the whole keyboard ninja dance.

RC Champion
    lol ninja dance I like it.. seriously I'm not trying to be a doosh

Quote Originally Posted by SA Revo View Post

BB Parts
    Mamba motor
    Mamba ESC
    5 Li Po's
    Slipstream Body - Thanks to frozen
    Proline wheels
    Carbon Tail - Made locally in SA yayyyy
    And getting dye to dye the chassis black
    you guys are bad for merv owners.. your words, not mine

sorry if I misunderstood

I see what you meant now lol, but you can see what I mean.. the way you worded it was like a ninja dance
    Last edited by GULLY; 03-20-2012 at 01:39 AM.
    6.25% /

Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast