Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Maintained my front shox the first time. One was nearly emtpty, but no oil on the Chassis, where has it gone??

Noticed that my front diff, which i had rebuild the last days, feels a tad to tight in one spot, after putting everything back in place.
    Its my new alloy bulkhead with a fresh ring 'n pinon, two 0.2 shimms on the ring and one 0.2 on the pinion. Sigh, will took the front apart again.

Changed my tire plans. I ordered two pairs of Prolines closed cell buggy read inserts.
    Cobras fault . Thanks Petertje for the link, i found a shop in germany now, that has them for 7,50€ and cheaper shipping too.

The closed cell inserts will go inside a spare set of fresh Dirt Hawgs on the RPM Revolver wide wheelbase for onroad.
    The Calibers will use the trimmed stock white foam insert on RPM Clawz wide wheelbase for offroad.

I forgot I have to wait for a shipment of barrel-nuts from Junfac/Korea, before i can mount the RPM wheels the way i planned. So no problem to wait on the inserts.

going to bed now.
    Last edited by CMD-J; 05-16-2012 at 08:18 PM. Reason: typo

RC Qualifier
    Did some bashing today after work then accidentally hit my car's back right tire with the merv and this was the result. The pivot ball snapped so now I can't unscrew it from my RPM arms back bottom right. The only thing I see as far as options is to purchase the rear bottom right low RPM arms and think about getting titanium pivot balls not sure if it would make a difference if that's what I had to begin with. Any suggestions as to how i can remove the piece inside my RPM arms?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lunsford-Tra...4#ht_697wt_907

I wonder if it's even worth it.

Last edited by jtalaue; 05-16-2012 at 08:30 PM. Reason: typo

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Looks like it is in too much to slot it with a dremal but you have nothing to loose

RC Qualifier
    im with 50 on that one, you have nothing to loose if your consedering buying a new a arm, so i would take the smallest drill bit i could find try to drill a small hole in it, then get a screw that fits in the hole u just drilled and super glue or jb weld it in there and try backing the screw out.

RC Qualifier
    i wrecked my roof today (the body with grinding a 30 feet on the asphalt

just a stupid crash
    and now got a hole in my body
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossie View Post
    i wrecked my roof today (the body with grinding a 30 feet on the asphalt

just a stupid crash
    and now got a hole in my body
    It is just like a scar, they build character!!

RC Qualifier

RC Champion

i put my esc/receiver in my other battery tray.

RC Qualifier
    them leds are nice!! did you buy a set and hook up, or did you wire them up your self? is it powered by the receiver or its own battery

RC Qualifier
    Just for giggles, I mounted the wide offset RPM wheels with the 11mm JunFac wheel wideners.

I do NOT plan to run this config, but thought it was funny, check it out.

Thats a 11.5" / 29cm wide MERV

I really love the look of the barrelnut head on the wheels, though.
    Last edited by CMD-J; 05-19-2012 at 06:12 PM.

RC Qualifier
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    That's crazy wide!!! I wish a company would make a kit of arms, rods, and driveshafts to make it that wide. Would be kind of neat for the on road only guys.
    * "If it ain't broke, your doin it wrong" *

RC Qualifier
    yea that would be awsome.. i really cant run these any more.. i was just driving up and down the street and the tire popped off. the screws backed out. even thought they had a lock washer on them... o well it loods nice.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That's terrible all that work!

RC Qualifier
    i know right i was real mad.. and that wheelie bar.. a wheel popped off of that to.. crazy right.. wheels popping off everywhere.. and all tozy products... i had so much faith in the toyz.. O and the toyz brand toelinks.. one of the broke where athe screw goes in on the lower a arm. back right side...

i am tempted to see if they will replace it or refund me for it.. i doubt it though

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You sure it didn't get ran over by a car! I would hit them up it wont hurt

RC Qualifier
    haha.. yea it sounds like it dont it.. but i tell you wat that t-bone skid sure helped... i ran into the curb at about 40 once when the toelink broke and once at about 30 when the wheel popped off.. not a thing hurt
    as i am sure you know i have paid out a few $$$ for hitting stuff

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Good protection!

RC Qualifier
    thats for real WIDE

WHOOOOOO

how does it handle ?
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    Headed out to have some late sunday fun, planned to burn four 2S packs.

Well after about 10 minutes, i popped my lower right pivotball out of the HR alloy knuckles.

I hope its only the worn pivotball (i have some spares) and not the knuckle itself..

left: new / right: one year on the car.

Someone ever had that happen with alloy knuckles?

Edit: Just did a test fit with a new pivotball, the knuckle is toast. Too worn out to hold a pivotball. -oh well.
    Last edited by CMD-J; 05-20-2012 at 12:51 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Just hope its the ball. They are harder than aluminum. I lube mine with Sullivans dry ice. Goes on wet and leaves behind Teflon coating might help.with wear

RC Qualifier
    I have some graphit and MoS2 powder as drylube.
    This Sullivan stuff sounds interesting, but pobably not available in germany or the EU.
    Is it different from "normal" Teflon spray, which i found attracts dirt too much?

RC Qualifier
    Guess what, i have two spare pivotballs laying around - and one is slightly SMALLER then the other!!
    Must be bad machining or something as both are unused. Murphy's law: I tested the smaller one and that fell right through the knuckle.
    Glad i checked with the other one too, before i had ordered new knuckles.. The bigger pivotball barely keeps in place.
    I put the knuckle on a bench and hit it a few times with a hammer on the egdes to compensate for the wear.
    Should hold up some more time.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Good luck with that. Doesn't attract dirt at all.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have gh carriers they have a square hole that's pretty small

RC Qualifier
    Had to smirk at this as its the second aluminium carrier mishap since I bought RPM carriers. My "opinion" seems to be paying off.

Wrecked the heck out of my slash and all 8 balls and 4 carriers made it out fine and the chassis broke. My next 2 upgrades were going to be a tbone and roll cage. I suppose after I get it fixed and get those 2 things on there the A-arms, diff, and servo will go.

However, in my case, it was Gremlins.

RC Qualifier
    To be fair i had RPM carriers before. They lasted about 10 packs, before to worn out to hold the balls and the bearing seat ovaled out, plus the retainer clip screws stripped. Guess i had bad luck with them.

The HR lasted at least a year, so far. I have the feeling I might need to replace that knuckle in the near future.
    Which sucks, as HR has apparently has a new design and i like the old one better.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by CMD-J View Post
    To be fair i had RPM carriers before. They lasted about 10 packs, before to worn out to hold the balls and the bearing seat ovaled out, plus the retainer clip screws stripped. Guess i had bad luck with them.

The HR lasted at least a year, so far. I have the feeling I might need to replace that knuckle in the near future.
    Which sucks, as HR has apparently has a new design and i like the old one better.
    Unfortunately my choice was solely price based.

Anything lasts less than 10 packs and Ill be upset, so far the only thing that lasted less than 10 was the stock carriers. Oh, and a bearing, but that was my bad. I now clean the thing correctly.

May I inquire if you were able to cash in the RPM warranty?
    Last edited by Cipher_Jones; 05-20-2012 at 02:49 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Didnt even tried that. I live in europe and bought them from eBay/US, to much hassle.
    I got them for free anyway. They were shipped on error from the seller.
    He later sent me the right parts (RPM A-arms) for free and didnt wanted the knuckles back.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jhsmith87 View Post
    them leds are nice!! did you buy a set and hook up, or did you wire them up your self? is it powered by the receiver or its own battery
    I bought a set and hooked them up because I don't have time to make my own, although I could have. Its plugged straight into the receiver, and I have an additional connection outside the receiver box so I can plug and unplug the lights whenever I want to without unscrewing the receiver box cover.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipher_Jones View Post
    Unfortunately my choice was solely price based.

Anything lasts less than 10 packs and Ill be upset, so far the only thing that lasted less than 10 was the stock carriers. Oh, and a bearing, but that was my bad. I now clean the thing correctly.

May I inquire if you were able to cash in the RPM warranty?
    I have a worn carrier and RPM refused to warranty them because it is wear and tear and not a defect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ERBE, Sl4sh MT, P4de, 1/16 Grave Digger 4x4

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Slono View Post
    I bought a set and hooked them up because I don't have time to make my own, although I could have. Its plugged straight into the receiver, and I have an additional connection outside the receiver box so I can plug and unplug the lights whenever I want to without unscrewing the receiver box cover.
    I been looking for me some that hook into the reciever, but evey one ive seen uses a 9v battery where did you get them.. how much did you pay

RC Qualifier
    Got an Oregon Scientific Waterproof Camera for my MERV did some more research on the motor package! Right now my money is on the TenShockSC401/MMP combo or the same setup as EVERYONE Else CC1406 or the Velinion 3500 no disrespect to Korn lol. Just trying to be different with the overall setup!
    Whatever I just said.. I'm probably wrong..

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thought you were more off road bashing then on road?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    If so small block will handle better ,especially off those jumps!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    If so small block will handle better ,especially off those jumps!
    50 leave me alone! I wanna go BIG for some odd reason, I'm not gonna lie though I might end up with the package you informed me on, it just seems for customization purposes if I stick with a SB it won't change much if that makes sense... I'll dig back into it though!
    Whatever I just said.. I'm probably wrong..

RC Qualifier
    installed the Gyro a min ago and seems like its working

gonna test drive it tomorrow i hope if the weather stays cool here
    Xtreme has no limiits

Installed my 7151X set
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    Installed my 7151X set
    Thats good to here and my crossed fingers helped

LOL

hope they will stay in now Peter and that you have much more luck with this one
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Did you lube it at all. I put Sullivan's dry ice on mine. Dries and leaves behind a Teflon coating

Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast