Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,240 of 1449
    RC Enthusiast
    $$ on rear diff

RC Qualifier
    I started my new merv build. I still got a good amount to order for the build though. I got the trans together though. HR case with HR gears all rolling on some yellow shield boca ceramics, held together with the rc screws kit an topped with a strc motor plate. Modded the case for the gears. The gears were epoxied to their respective shaft then lubed with P.T.F.E. grease in an attempt to keep them from grenading like my last set. All the hardware got some loc-tite love. Im thinking about trying to find some shims to take out the back and forth play of the shafts in the trans. Plus i wanna open it up again soon to see if the ptfe held onto the gears, spun the trans input up with my dremel to 10,000 rpm. If not I got a few more lubes to try.

Dye-no-mite Pow-er Go Fast, Wirrrrr Screeeech BOOM

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i loved the sound of those gears but i think they do have a problem.don't think it's a lube problem though let me know if it holds up

a lot of rotating weight too eats up some power!

RC Qualifier
    Had that happen to me too before. The little gear exploded, its cuz of the walls on the gear are too thin the bit of play in the hex and heat. If they made the center gear/shaft one piece then they'd be bullet proof. That's why I tried epoxying them this time around. It'll be a little while before I can see if it hold up though, still in the ordering process. Those gave out with your neu I assume?
    Dye-no-mite Pow-er Go Fast, Wirrrrr Screeeech BOOM

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The worst way! At 60mph right when I nailed it! Locked the tires up luckily had foam tires so it just spun

RC Enthusiast
    i nearly finished my new body. it's a 1/10 scale body that trimmed so it fits on my merv with the new body on i could mount my "beast-fan" (8x8 cm) so the electronic runs cool

RC Qualifier
    Been working on a movie w 4 traxxas rigs featured. Will post soon.
    BB MERV/T8 Rusty/OS21REVO
    Drive it like its Hot

RC Qualifier
    Oh yeah, n I switched my sonic 6.5 for a 5.0/6680kv
    Drive it like its Hot

In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    Can't wait to see it Mrmerv! I'm going to pick up some diff gears and 50K wt diff oil tomorrow, rebuild the rear diff and add the oil to the front diff. Bashing my merv and my friend's summit, and filming for my next short film will continue. I plan on making this one bad-a! I'm looking foward to filming/editing and sharing it with all of yall!

Filled my shocks with 100WT Losi oil. I'll try tomorrow to see if it made it less bouncy.
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Qualifier
    Swapped it a Sonic 6.5 for a 5.0. Went from 5480 to 6680kv
    Drive it like its Hot

I noticed your front and rear tires are in a different orientation with the tread, any particular reason?

RC Qualifier
    I've gotten quite a few comments about that I'm going to have to post a pic. I use to do a lot of mt biking n I have a directional in the front and a multi traction in the rear. If you flip the rear tire around one direction is for wet muck n the other for dry pack. I noticed enough of a difference under my own power to know it worked, very well so I keep my fronts directed n my back aggressive. I have center diff with a mild split so it works well with my sensored motor. Will post pic this evening.
    Drive it like its Hot

Cool, I figured it had something to do with extra traction.

RC Qualifier
    Shredded my center shaft. Time to install my center cvd's n re lube diffs.
    Drive it like its Hot

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Heading of to go ride!

Found out I snapped another rear bulkhead...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    came out of the mountains and my daughter decided to take a pass on the flats. one wheel took of by itself!

RC Qualifier
    I know it's been awhile but I got a new body painted it then of course bashed in a random Parking lot!

Sent from my iPhone4
    Whatever I just said.. I'm probably wrong..

RC Qualifier
    My Mini E-Revo with new shoes, body and wing!

1/8 HPI Vorza Flux
    1/16 Traxxas E-Revo VXL

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Another expensive ride!

RC Qualifier
    Finished installing headlights and tail lights. Then drove it.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipher_Jones View Post
    Finished installing headlights and tail lights. Then drove it.

RC Competitor
    Installed my tekin 10.5T redline into my merv via traxxas 550/540 mount an HOLY SMOKES this truck has gone from controlable to ***IMAGONNAGOFAST***BBQWHEELIEACTION running a 30t pinion 50t spur combo with a 2s traxxas lipo but wow this is fast now.

RC Racer
    stepped up to spc lipo 3cell.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Started to tear it down for a new chassis, bulkheads, body mounts, body posts, differentials, and battery doors... but ended up just water proofing the BB 390 servo, shortening the ********* 60 ESC motor wires by about 2 inches, bridging the switch pads on the circuit board of the ESC -eliminating the switch, adding a shim to the front and rear differentials, replacing front body mount and posts, replacing just the rear body posts, checking the oil level in the YR shocks -only one was low, topping of the front, rear, and center differential, putting shrink wrap on the axle shafts to cover the slide, and lastly adjusting the HR knuckles.

I have a few chunks missing out of the rear diff ring gear, and the pinion is wore enough to be sharp... lets see how much longer it will last with an extra shim in there.

Still, this is my original differential after well over 250 2S packs and probably close to 30 3S speed runs.

The old parts are wore... but not wore enough to cause issues yet. Once they do, I will replace them. Until then I will keep running them.
    Last edited by Jimmie Neutron; 10-09-2012 at 10:02 PM.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Enthusiast
    Preemptive tranny rebuild.

RC Racer
    Tore down the diffs, cleaned them up, reshimed, fresh greased. And working on putting a new ********* V2 ESC, and a ******* 4 pole, 4400kv, 380 can size motor. Just waiting on the pinion I want to get here now. Hopefully I'll be able to run the tires I want to ( Yokohama Geolanders on 2.2 Clawz wide offset )

RC Racer
    did a 20foot cartwheel and broke the rod end off of stainless pushrods. the plastic in those seem pretty hard. it was one of those "aww man" wrecks

RC Racer
    I see all this carnage and read all these comments and I can only say "what am I complaining for, I only cooked an ESC by using it on the wrong sized truck??"

vxl3m on 3906 e-maxx in case anyone is wondering..
    1/10 Titan 775 bandit COMPLETED!!

RC Qualifier
    Started a tear-down, re-lube the need to lube parts, and put back together and bash-test.
    And there he goes with the carbon...

RC Competitor
    changed the rear shock fluid on my merv to 45wt with tan springs an modest preload, happy with the rough tarmac perfomance hope to give it a test run at SRS on friday's open practice.
    on a none traxxas note tested my mini T for the first time in over 4 years that made me happy aswell

RC Enthusiast
    With a hard summer of bashing and my ESC dying, I have stripped the MERV down and I'm going to replace any worn or broken parts add a few upgrades and rebuild it ready for the winter.
    "If in doubt flat out"

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    took out my gps from a 65mph cartwheel. flung it 20' in the air . had velcro and a zip tie on it but was no match

RC Racer
    Finally finished my rebuild with the new motor and ESC......

Road test to follow soon

RC poster
    cc 10a bec, 4s, proline road rage and titus beadlocks.......70+mph wheelies.......

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by IRgeek View Post
    Finally finished my rebuild with the new motor and ESC......

Road test to follow soon
    Beautiful looking Truck, I finally got my merv out for a drive to stretch its legs, wholly eff its fast. Was soooo not a good idea for my 6 year old as a first buggy. Unfortunately she loves it way more than our stampeded and said she much prefers it small because she's smaller, allafter I ordereded her a 1/10 30th anniversary grave digger for cmas

OH well, was pretty impressed, but have a lot to learn with rgards to driving it and tuning it, had a hard time keeping it rubber side down.

RC Qualifier
    Tried to break it.

Not by smashing into anything, but give it a pounding to see what gives. I already have a stripped rear ring gear & hoppin up most stuff so what the heck.

Aside from the diff nothing gave out. Did jumps off a ramp on concrete, not high, about 4 foot nice flat landings, a few nose up, a few nose down, a backflip. All gravy, some wheelies, stripped gear noise aside all held up, flipped it rolled it over and over and all is good after inspection...

Now time to fix the weakest link, darn poorly designed diff cases.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I had to replace my exotek shocks with my hr shock bodies to make room for my neu 1112 so I figured I would beef them up. Rebuild and some tin-coated shafts

RC Competitor
    boiled my glued set of wheels an slapped a couple onto my first half of axial AX08061 beadlocks. Have a small nylon "bushing" on the axle to make up the shaft size difference between mini revo 4mm an XR10 7mm

Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast