Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Just got a confirmation email from T-Bone Racing, they'll ship out a free replacement for the broken bumper you see above.
    Customer service at its best, really happy.

RC Competitor
    Ordered
    RPM A arms
    More diff shims(have 2front 2 rear but think I could fit another one in the rear)
    T-bone front bumper
    hing pin backups.. Ironically lost two of the fronts today but just made my own using allen keys
    Front bumper mount/body post(broke last weekend)
    backup half shafts

So far its stock other than RPM knuckles

I also discovered that it is alot of fun to play with on the golf course behind my house(sand bunkers are awesome/need some paddle tires).

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by CMD-J View Post
    Just got a confirmation email from T-Bone Racing, they'll ship out a free replacement for the broken bumper you see above.
    Did you have to send them thevold one

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUMCHAL72 View Post
    Did you have to send them thevold one
    Nope, i only mailed them the pix yesterday with my adress and some explanation what happended.
    They answered today about being happy to send out my replacement bumper.

FINALLY!!
    I broke something!!

It has been over 100 packs since I last broke something... lol

I'm going to try to find time tomorrow to go to the hardware store to find some aluminum flat bar....
    I have an idea cooking.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Champion
    Get an OFNA 1/12 wing! they look sweet!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    FINALLY!!
    I broke something!!

It has been over 100 packs since I last broke something... lol

I'm going to try to find time tomorrow to go to the hardware store to find some aluminum flat bar....
    I have an idea cooking.
    Congrats!

I must have a lemon because I break something every few runs lol.

RC Qualifier
    removed annodizing
    Powered by Castle

RC Champion
    Looks good erx!!!

I just bought new battery doors for my merv. I cut the front of them to run my wires out the front instead of the rear. I took way too much off tho so my balance plug keeps coming out of the battery tray.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by CMD-J View Post
    That is really nice to hear. I'm still loving my skid plate and bumper set.

We seem to be the cartwheeling kings and break that spoiler a bunch. Boiling did seem to help.
    Last edited by dwmoss; 04-03-2012 at 07:56 AM.

RC Competitor
    Stripped the diffs and popped my driveshafts.Gonna be using some time and money to fix it again.Sigh.

RC Champion
    I just got a velineon 3500 in the mail for my merv. It is massive! Its bigger than the castle 1/10 motors! Only problem is the bullet connectors arent 4mm like on the SV2 so now im waiting on 4mm bullet connectors before i can test it out! lol.

RC Champion
    It's a fantastic motor! For bashing in the water I always use it instead of my Orion. Runs super cool with big tires and high gearing!

RC Champion
    How do you think itll compare to the castle 4600kv motor? I just got it to try it out.

RC poster
    I converted my kb bb to merv bb...much better now better bashing

RC Champion
    Today i ordered another slipstream shell for my merv. I also ordered an illuzions body hoping i don have to cut it in half for my bb to fit. I also ordered lexan scissors so i dont hack the bodys up like i did with the first one i tried painting. I also ordered some 80wt shock fluid and CA glue.

RC Champion
    Im waiting for the USPS man so i can get my bullet connectors so i can try out my velineon 3500 later today!

installed my RPM knuckles, steel hollow balls only put 6 in though wanted to work on my Nitro pede instead .
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    Today i sealed up my battery trays. Im in FL so every time i run a ton of sand gets into my battery trays and its slowly wearin down the coverings of my lipos.

RC Racer
    took off the wing for a photo shoot, like the look....for now

RC Racer
    I dremeled out my battery tray to make room for my spc lipo battery cords. Now they arent as pinched when i put them in there.
    Stampede vxl
    Rustler vxl
    Monster Mutt vxl

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirath View Post
    I dremeled out my battery tray to make room for my spc lipo battery cords. Now they arent as pinched when i put them in there.
    I did that yesterday as well! Except i have mine coming out the front instead of the rear like the stock setup.

RC Competitor
    Took apart my diffs,cleaned them, used pb blaster dry lube and shimmed them with 4 shims each

Velcro for the body

Ran the crap out of it

RC Champion
    4 shims each sounds like a lot! I get soo much binding with 4 i cant spin the wheels lol.

RC Racer
    Installed Black and Tan shock spring set up with 60w shock oil... Hit a jump and now am back to the drawing board rebuilding my front diff.
    Stampede vxl
    Rustler vxl
    Monster Mutt vxl

RC Racer
    Bought vxl rtr new, shimmed it, blk&tan springs, hitec 5087,losa metal arm, center diff,Velcro ed body on, ran two 2s 2200 lipos through it by three oclock in evening. Gave it to my newbie dad and bashed with my losi 5ive!! for and hour and never broke and thats after me running over it with my 5ive, laughed our butts off!!! my pops thought it was broke but i knew it was all good(having one myself) these little things are tanks and rockets all in one!!!!!

RC Champion
    I just mounted my velineon 3500 in my merv! Gonna test it out tomorrow afternoon! I dont think ill be too impressed tho. The castle 1406 will probably go back in shortly.

RC Competitor
    After a normal run went for another 1hr later only to watch y engine cog then the esc go up in smoke..

RC Champion
    Just test drove my merv with the velineon 3500. And i think im gonna keep the velineon 3500 in my merv! It feels like it has just as much power as the castle 1406 but its noticeably smoother than the 1406. I also think it runs cooler than the 1406!

RC Champion
    Just ordered a FS-GT3B for my merv! $44 shipped for a radio with amazing reviews. Im pretty excited to get it!

RC Qualifier
    did take it apart today and waiting on shims now from tower hobbies and trying to order Alu Axle carriers from GH

so i am not driving my Merv for a little while
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Racer
    Put my merv away because i just went thtu my 3rd traxxas servo. Im giving up on these servod and will order a 390. Guess i will go back to running my slash for a while

RC Champion
    The 390 is worth every penny!!!

RC Qualifier
    put a sidewinder sv2 in it.it way nicer than the oem esc.. the velenion had a tiny crack in the epoxy witch let water into the circuit board and bridged the conectors after it melted i could only see this under a huge magnifing glass