Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Yea thats exactly what I mean.
    * "If it ain't broke, your doin it wrong" *

RC Champion
    Ill have to try that. IDK if i trust velcro enough to hold my lipos in place lol.

RC Qualifier
    today i started tearing apart my merv to get it ready for the new blue a arms i ordered today after finding a broken one but i should get them soon and have it up and running

RC Champion
    yeah veld, I feel ya.. sucks having an unusable RC staring at you every time you walk by it

*edit* - so I'm gunna rub it in by showing you my functional RC joking

here's a pic of how dirty my slash got at the school

Last edited by GULLY; 03-15-2012 at 09:08 PM.
    6.25% /

RC Champion
    That is crazy dirty! lol. My merv hasnt seen mud yet =(

RC Champion
    lol I know I see a lot of you guys treating your mervs like babys, you gotta let them see the world and go exploring lol

here's after a quick run under the tap and some wd-40, it isn't hard to clean them back up, although mine isn't too clean when you take a closer look.. you can always take a brush to get into those tiny crevasses, which I don't

6.25% /

RC Qualifier
    I broke mine again today after work I think it's about time to grab those new steel CVD center shafts Traxxas just released... running a brushless big block and 1/10th Slash tires is taking its tole. killed the front drive shaft yesterday, repaired it with a spare last night, and today killed the new front AS WELL as the back, LOL

in all fairness, I was NOT taking it easy on the little guy a jump with multiple back flips and landing on concrete is what took out the rear drive shaft to start with, and then I just beat on it some more in front wheel drive until the front drive shaft finally gave up

I love this little truck; it sure takes a beating, lol

Last edited by iamsuperbleeder; 03-15-2012 at 09:46 PM.
    fix, run, break, repeat

RC Champion
    I just put CVDs on back order on tower hobbies since i had a $10 off coupon. And i ordered a slipstream body so i can try the wole painting body thing lol. I wanted the jconcepts illuzions body but the roof looks low and i knot know if it would work with my bb.

Quote Originally Posted by korn0307 View Post
    Got something nice in the mail today!! Now i just have to trim my battery doors!
    those lipos look a little different than mine do i got their first batch right when they came out same day, mine are orange package with the 30C in yellow and the letters lot smaller on my label, your labels came straight and clear, did you get that pen with it too? man i didnt get a pen and i carry a pen everywhere, i would have enjoyed a pen. where did you get that at?

I only put a 23t pinion on my merv and tried out some new wheels on it for fun and laughs.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    Yea the pen came with it!

man lucky you, i was looking at my lipos in my pic and looks like they made them a slight bit more bulky maybe thats why they dont fit like mine do, on the ends of the lipos you got looks like its got some padding or extra wrapping inside which mine doesnt. i'm gonna send over an email and see if they will send me a pen or atleast when i order from them again.

RC Champion
    Haha im not gonna complain about a free pen(i got excited when i saw it) But its a cheapy! lol. Ill get use out of it tho!

RC Champion
    I'd send that pen back and complain that I didn't order it, then ask for store credit
    6.25% /

RC Champion
    haha You just wanna be $1 closer to a SPC lipo!

i like pens i write alot, like bills, what to do, things to buy, not only rc stuff, I wouldnt return it they gave it to you for a reason, maybe there sending them out to everyone or to a select few. i wasnt going lipo but since i've been waiting for so long and when i wanted them the last lipos they had went out of stock for months so same day they got their shippment i was like #2 in line when they got them they had 98 left out of 100. still need my parallel connector but i even ordered them without a lipo charger and then had to wait like 3weeks to pick that up. but man do i see the difference in performance and runtime with these. i run mine like 30-45mins.

other thing i noticed i need now is knuckles not too sure i want to go gpm or just get the rpm knuckles. i know there not that great but dont mind plastic and the pillow balls popping out. i got time to put them back in when they come out.

RC Champion
    The GH knuckles are awesome!

RC Champion
    hahah my rpm popped the balls out again today, I hit a sunk in man hole at about 25mph

lol the thing hit around 70 feet away and almost slid right up to me
    6.25% /

I was so hard headed to think that my Road Rage II tires would stay on my black chrome HPI Mesh wheels without first removing the chrome layer at the point the tires are glued to. Just ordered a set of HPI Monster truck wheels that were half the price.
    I didnt like the black chrome ones anyway because the white plastic came through the chrome after some minor collisions.

The SPC pens are great, I already got 2!
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Champion
    I might have to order some of the 3s lipos..... I could use another pen

RC Champion
    Just put my first lipo on my charger. Charging it at 2.5A. Dunno if i wanna try 5A yet lol

RC Champion
    I spent over an hour trying my BEST to over heat my motor and at LEAST get the fan on the MMP to turn on! I went through two 2200mah 25c 2s batteries flooring it, stopping, flooring it, stopping.. crawling against a wall (thus tonnnnns of torque) flooring it, stopping.. for an HOUR until I was bored out of my mind. The motor was... luke warm! NOTHING I did would get anything past kinda warm! And it's 23c with no clouds on new black pavement. MAN.

I realized another great thing about my motor, it never kills batteries!? It's SUPER efficient, so where my Velineon 3500 used to get 20-25 minutes, this motor easily breaks the 30 minute mark and doesn't even go to LVC. Insane.

Now I'm sun-burned.

RC Champion
    man you're turning me off of the vxl 3s combo

lol, I just got about 8 feet of air, cleared way over a fence and then smacked some branches and fell like a dead bird

blew the rear shocks out on the first attempt will try again tomorrow
    6.25% /

RC Champion
    I glued my wheels and tires and went to my LHS to get some paint for my slipstream body when i get it. But im gonna have to go back tomorrow because the 100,000K diff oil they ordered for me wasnt in yet Oh and i ordered aother set of HPI wheel adapters because i threw the ones i needed away and kept the wrong ones. And my wheels didnt turn out too well i made a mess with the CA glue Not a good day for RC with me

RC Qualifier
    Just ordered the new Traxxas Steel Constant Velocity Center Driveshafts - 7250R- for $34.49 including shipping.

RC Champion
    I glued my wheels and tires and went to my LHS to get some paint for my slipstream body when i get it. But im gonna have to go back tomorrow because the 100,000K diff oil they ordered for me wasnt in yet Oh and i ordered aother set of HPI wheel adapters because i threw the ones i needed away and kept the wrong ones. And my wheels didnt turn out too well i made a mess with the CA glue Not a good day for RC with me
    100,000K diff oil ehh?.. sounds interesting

also always keep your spare parts !!
    6.25% /

RC Qualifier
    I glued my wheels and tires... ...And my wheels didnt turn out too well i made a mess with the CA glue Not a good day for RC with me
    Dont feel bad. I failed badly on my first tyre glue job and was very mad, cause i ordered my tyres+wheels overseas. So no LHS i could drive to get a new pair. BUT i was able to rescue the wheels and the tyres. I put them in the oven, i think 20-30 min at 190C (~370F for you imperial people). I was then able to peel the tires of and reglue them afterwards. Use gloves and it smells pretty bad! Still run that set.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by GULLY View Post
    100,000K diff oil ehh?.. sounds interesting

also always keep your spare parts !!
    For the center diff. Im gonna put 60k in the rear and see how that works.

RC poster
    Today I resoldered the connector on my esc. And did my first backflip. Nothing broken. Landed 5 out of 6 attempts.

RC Champion
    i know but 100,000k is ridiculous lol I don't even think they would make that for rc cars , I think you mean 100k that's what I was jokin around about hahah

and while I'm on here.. I just did some maintenance while I was re-filling all the shocks, replaced the center diff with the stock gear until I get some thick oil.. hopefully tomorrow or the next day I'll have my roll cage and oil.. still waiting for the other stuff, gunna leave the bearings until the rest of it arrives at the lhs

gunna go break in the fresh oil in a minute..

just realized that I post on here more than a gossip girl does on facebook man is that homo or do I just love my slash and like to share about it hahahah
    6.25% /

RC Qualifier
    Put on some GH knuckles and waiting on MMP ESC.
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

RC Champion
    100,000 = 100K lol

RC Champion
    lol I'll quote you again

right up there where you put a K at the end of 100,000 lol

doesn't matter I knew what you meant

I'm gunna get some drift footage tomorrow, there's a lot of dirt in the parking lot nearby.. it was muddy a few days ago and now it's premes
    6.25% /

RC Champion
    Hahaha i see! Sorry gully i have had a really bad day! I might go for a night drive! I have a big empty parking lot with lights and none of them little curb stopper things or lights in the middle of the parking lot. So i dont have anything to hit lol.

RC Champion
    yeah man do it, it's nice to have a little open space to run these things, and you just got lipos!!

have you tried them out yet?? I can only imagine man, this thing already rips with nimhs
    6.25% /

RC Champion
    I charged them up today and put them in and ran it across my small room just to make sure all was good. Before it would just spin the wheels on the carpet. With the speed hawgs it finally wants to wheelie! Im soo excited to get my BB! i looked at the duratrax(made by castle) 3900kv motor today ay my LHS. It looks better than the one im getting tho cuz it was black! lol.

RC Qualifier
    My gh knuckles that i ordered are on back order
    Here we go again.........

RC Champion
    Thats no good man! I ordered the last set from amain a wile ago then the only plae i could find my 2nd set was towerhobbies. I dont know if they have them any more. Ebay usually has stuff tho! Thats where i got my speed hawgs which are out of stock at most vendors.

RC Champion
    I think im gonna throw the speed hawgs on and try some 1AM high speed runs!! lol

RC Competitor
    Today i did an Extreme Merv Makeover. Put on some cvds, alu rocker arms, titanium pushrods and toe links, new shocks, new wheels and tires and more. Oh and painted my first body (didn't turn out as i expected but can't be perfect the first time xD).

RC Champion
    Could you take some pictures of the body? Do you have any pointers? I ordered a slipstream body. Just waiting for it to come. I have the paint and backing color. But i have no idea what im doing when it comes here. lol

I ran lipos for the first time today. I liked them a lot. Till i ran into a curb and bent a aluminum rocker lol. After that i brought it inside and cleaned it and prepped it for a BB. Took the motor and ESC off. OOOOOOOOO and i installed bearings in the servo saver.

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast