Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    Ran through 3 2200 packs today, most of it was on the grass. I have 25acres of rolling hills and big hills and all kinds of terrain, the car handled AWESOME for its size. Have horses, so I was chasing them around hahahaha, totally awesome car and best day of driving yet! Made a jump out of an old snow bank, and was catching 4-5feet of air, nothing broke all day except for when I went 40mph in to a rock wall and bounced off it to another one, the tire on the wheelie bar peeled back. No biggy!

LOVE this car, I had such a blast with it.

RC Champion
    Invest in some adjustable toe links!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I switched the transmission back to stock (had it flipped for the little one)
    Threw in a 28 tooth pinion to see if she would handle it.... well... she did!
    Max temp was 160 on the motor and 122 on the ESC.

I was running with a friend of mine against his brushed EMaxx.
    He used to think his Maxx was fast.

We did a few drags on the street...
    I would keep pace with him and then punch it and leave him in the dust.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Champion
    Haha thats funny! I dont have experience with brushed motors. I started off brushless!

Once he figured out I was toying with him he started trying to run me over... lol
    If he caught up with me, its not like he could do any damage!

With the way I have it set up... I have yet to walk away broke!
    Did a few 20-30 foot endos and cart wheels just tonight.
    I just send the kids out to flip her over and I'm good to go!

RC Champion
    Haha making the kids go flip your MERV.. I need one of them! haha

RC Champion
    Just got my HPI mesh wheels, speed hawg tires, brushed motor mount, purple springs, and my 2nd set of GH knuckles. Dying the wheels now! Still debating weather i want to strap the tires yet.

RC Qualifier
    Having kids are awesome! My daughter is about 2.5 and if you dont let her flip it back over she gets MAD!!! She will yell at you and say "No, dont touch it, I do that not you!" Its so funny. Makes my life easier and if she gets bored I will just flip it on purpose or chase her with it, she loves it.

I did this yesterday if you didnt see in the "pushrods" thread:

* "If it ain't broke, your doin it wrong" *

RC Champion
    Them toe links are interesting! lol

RC poster
    It's been raining a lot lately here in Houston so the MERV was the obvious choice. I slide it sideways in to a curb and popped the balls out of the axle carrier. So I ordered some RPM stuff to avoid that in the future. I swapped the LiPOs to my rally and had tons of fun drifting in the rain.

RC Champion
    Just ran outside in the warmest weather yet! 10c baby! (that's 50f for all you yanks!)

I had a small jump on my driveway, maybe enough to catch 4feet air and 15 foot length, a hard landing caused the motor to sink down harder on the spur, so there was an aweful mesh sound. Fixed that up, jumped off a mini-cliff (... 5 feet haha) and deranged my wheeliebar. Turns out I had one screw that was too long in there, and it was pushing up against the diff!! Uh yi yi, stupid me.

Battery's back on the charger and I'm looking for some nuts to put on this screw, cut it to length, and take the nuts off (as to reform the correct thread pattern after cutting it)

*cheers

RC Champion
    hahah yeah it's getting nice out

I've let my slash sit for almost 2 full days

there's just no good spots around here.. lol i wish I lived with my mom still, there's a skate park right across the street from her
    6.25% /

RC Qualifier
    The other day I adjusted my shock setup by changing oil and springs. I replaced the front knuckles to Alloy GH Racing Knuckles, put steel hollow balls on, and did some stuff to my Rusty. The MERV definitely has reduced slop and better control-ability. After changing my shock setup, my MERV has not flipped over much at all! Maybe just 2-3 a run. I have 70 wt. oil, and integy soft red springs for the MERV(slightly preloaded front & rear- more rear). The truck sits lower than it used to, soaks up a lot of little bumps, and hardly flips over at all. I have only tried all the new stuff and setup on-road, but I'll probably take it up to the dirt in a little while. It's just so much fun to drive on the street! My shock setup is definitely satisfactory at this point!

RC Qualifier
    Hey devil dog can you send me the link to that thread?
    Here we go again.........

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by darkinferno View Post
    I seen it yesterday, it's just the same pictures with a couple extras I believe??

anyways, I'm going out with the mini for a little bit, I'll try to get some good video fewtazzhh
    6.25% /

RC Qualifier
    ordered a replacement battery door

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by darkinferno View Post
    Its just people talking about which pushrods are the best so I just posted mine in there.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-and-Toe-links

RC Champion
    i just strapped my speed hawgs! gonna mount them in a little. Soaking my thumb in goo gone cuz it has a layer of super glue on it lol.

RC Champion
    lol, gotta be careful with that stuff

I took my non-MERV mini slash over to the nearby highschool to borrow their parking lot and stuff for a little bashing, I ran the stock nimhs until they has nothing left lol, I'm gunna end up getting lipo soon, these little nimhs can't handle a good bash
    6.25% /

RC Champion
    Wait for the SPCs to get back in stock! They will put out enough amps for when your ready for a BB too! lol

RC Champion
    yeah mon gotta save up though because I'm not goin cheap on the charger
    6.25% /

RC Champion
    Haha i hear ya! I got a cheap one that a lot of people use. But for twice the price i could of got a charger that could charge 4x as many batteries at once lol.

RC Competitor
    Cant wait for Sunday! going to get a used merv off craigslist!

RC Champion
    I cant wait till saturday! Might be my first bash with lipos and a BB!

RC Competitor
    Bump.........

RC Champion
    lol what the crap was the bump for
    6.25% /

RC Competitor
    idk lol.. I can't wait for sunday!

Got my second set of 2500mAh 2S 30C SPC batteries for it

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Champion
    I gave my MERV a break today lol. No more new parts to install till Friday. My SPC 2500 lipos should be in tomorrow!

RC Champion
    Popped the wheel off!

What a pain to put back on. It popped off because I always wd-40 those balls, but man to put them back in (without just pushing them hard back in the hole) required, taking the wheel off, taking the toe-link off, taking the two pillow balls off, taking the two caps off the axle carrier, putting the pillow balls back on, screwing the the four tiny screws back on, screwing the carrier back to the arms, then screwing the toe-link back on, then putting the wheel back on! My arms are dead!? Haha toooo much "screwin' around" for this to happen again!

I wonder if they should mold a metal ring around the socket area?

RC Competitor
    Gotta.. ALWAYS! pay to play my friend.
    Pin it to win it, Drive it like you stole it.

RC Champion
    Cost nothing to fix, just tired arms from the screw driver.

I just got back in after two more batteries... I glued my Speed Hawgs on and MAN they're PERFECT street tires! You can still power slide, but you don't flip! You have TONS of control.

My Velineon 3500 was powering them at 7.4 volts, that's 26,000rpm with a 32t pinion, it was FAST! Tires ballooned right up when I was off the ground. Oh well. I don't care about ballooning it just makes you go WAY faster, and since there aren't any 2mile street courses around me, I'm not going to be doing 50mph turns so ballooning is of no concern.

The tires were almost hot when I picked it up! HOT tires on an RC!? Totally awesome. So much grip though that I pulled the toelink screw loose, it's stripped so the rear right wheel was wobbly at the end. Hmmmmmmmm

RC Qualifier
    RPM knuckles FTL!

RC Champion
    I see that all the time, but after have ONLY this happen, with ZERO damage... I think it's more along the lines of, RPM Knuckles FTW! I mean, if THEY didn't give, something else would have!

Try dropping a drop of super glue in the stripped out hole and let it dry.
    Then, when you thread in the screw again, add another drop. It might tighten up the hole enough.

Don't worry, you will still be able to get your screw out.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by krallopian View Post
    I see that all the time, but after have ONLY this happen, with ZERO damage... I think it's more along the lines of, RPM Knuckles FTW! I mean, if THEY didn't give, something else would have!
    lol that's what I'm sayin man, exactly what happened in that vid I threw up the other day, bit of a pain to put back on, but something probably would have ended up broken with the aluminum knucks..

not saying I don't want aluminum, just not right now..
    6.25% /

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by krallopian View Post
    Cost nothing to fix, just tired arms from the screw driver.

I just got back in after two more batteries... I glued my Speed Hawgs on and MAN they're PERFECT street tires! You can still power slide, but you don't flip! You have TONS of control.

My Velineon 3500 was powering them at 7.4 volts, that's 26,000rpm with a 32t pinion, it was FAST! Tires ballooned right up when I was off the ground. Oh well. I don't care about ballooning it just makes you go WAY faster, and since there aren't any 2mile street courses around me, I'm not going to be doing 50mph turns so ballooning is of no concern.

The tires were almost hot when I picked it up! HOT tires on an RC!? Totally awesome. So much grip though that I pulled the toelink screw loose, it's stripped so the rear right wheel was wobbly at the end. Hmmmmmmmm
    I cant wait to try them out!!! BB should be in monday. Im not gluing the tires till my parents mail me my dremel tho because i need to vent the wheels still.

RC Competitor
    I've heard nothing but good things about Speed Hawg tires. Great on MERVs.
    Pin it to win it, Drive it like you stole it.

RC Qualifier
    That may be true but eventually they will wear out to the point where you do a simple jump, roll over, or cartwheel and they pop out...my buddys merv did it. Every time he drove it dude would use every other cuss word known to man when he would wreck lol

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast