RC Champion

my new 1/16 summit project

my new summit roller (no electronics), and a clear body came in the mail today.

im building my new fishing partner.lol

help me dream for a bit. but easy on my wallet.

i dont want no cogging, so if brushless is out im good with that. i want to crawl, and at least do 40+.
    i was thinking of a 1/10th 550 brushed motor, and the new xl5 esc with lvc. (esc mounted on the back body post).

lipos ill go with something like 2s, 2200 mah.

body color will be a 2 tone flipflop paintjob. i got some kriptonight gold, and purple crush leftover i need to use. so it should be awesome in the sun. possibly thinking of a flashing led set. (4 flash, but up to 12 leds can be on at once)

tires im looking at the original style. but im looking for the green beadlock set, (i need help on this one).

everything else i think should be stock. im fishing not competing.
    Last edited by ajcar; 03-09-2012 at 04:33 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Sensored brushless will have no cogging...
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

If you don,t want to worry about getting your electronics wet,or having to waterproof your esc ,just go brushed,escpecially if its going to be your fishing buddy !!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Your not likely to get a brushed setup to hit 40mph and stay cool even in a little truck like this, but still be capable of slow crawling. Perhaps with a sensored brushless setup but even still, the best way to smooth out power delivery you need to gear it down...

Heres my summit build... which is similar to what your thinking except speed is not a concern for me in any way. Its BUTTER smooth when crawling.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion

i was just tinkering around with it, and i did just a little carving on the vxl motor plate. i got this big motor mount to fit.

RC Champion
    a titan 14.4v motor no no no unless your going to run 4s lipo i would get the titan 12t or a 7.2-8.4v 550 sized motor

RC Champion
    i didnt think of the old vs new titan 550 motors. i guess my list got bigger.
    Last edited by ajcar; 03-09-2012 at 09:33 PM.

RC Champion
    i will be running a 1/10th scale 550 motor, and the xl5 with lvc. putting the esc on the rear body post. then yes i will run some 2s lipos.

You don't need to put the XL5 on the rear body posts... It fits just fine where the stock ESC sits. My guess is it won't fit well on the rear posts with the big motor sticking back there anyway.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

Also, that motor isn't a 14.4 volt... It's just the motor that comes in the dual motor Emaxx and erevo. It's a 21turn 550 motor. So, while it won't be fast, it will have excellent torque and be extremely smooth for crawling. Honestly, that motor would be perfect in my truck as I don't care about speed. I like that you got it to fit with the stock VXL plate... I wonder if it allows you to move the motor lower to run lower gearing than using the big block plate?
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    It does tilt with the top screw like it should