RC poster

Interesting Radio Problem

Hello all, I searched but couldn't find a similar post with this problem, so here we go. I have an older 2.5 nitro rustler and up until now it has been working fine. Today when I started it up and took off I lost radio controls when it was about 5ft away. I then did a range rest at 100-/+ ft. with the antenna down and it all checked out. But when I started the engine again, the same problem occurs. I checked the linkages, no metal parts are rattling nor any of the screws are loose which could cause it to lose signal. When it loses signal, the servos seem sluggish then stop despite the batteries in the radio as well as the receiver pack being brand new.

I will be trying a new receiver this weekend, but Im curious if anyone else had the same issue. Thanks.

RC Competitor
    I had the same issue with an Emaxx. Worked fine for 8 years then just refused to go beyond about 10 feet from the transmitted, though everything appeared in perfect order. Upgraded to 2.4g and all good again.
    Generally its caused my a break in the receiver aerial somewhere.

RC poster
    Thanks for the input. Im picking up a new receiver today and will post results when it's installed. If anything I have an old Futaba AM radio as a backup. Just found the perfect bash spot when this happened, lol.