RC poster

KB LED lighting modifications and side mirrors (videos!)

Hi all,
    Just wanted to share some modifications I've made. I've added side mirrors with built-in turnsignals, angel-eyes (white ring and blue center), rear/brake lights and an underbody green LED glow kit.

All is connected to a 8-channel Modelcraft lighting module hooked up to the throttle&steering, in the following setup:

- ch01: Angel Eyes rings (white)
    - ch02: Angel Eyes center (blue)
    - ch03: left turnsignal (split between side mirror and rear orange light)
    - ch04: right turnsignal (split between side mirror and rear orange light)
    - ch05: not attached
    - ch06: rear lights on 50% + brake lights (red)
    - ch07: not attached (tho I'm getting DRL's in)
    - ch08: underbody glow kit (green)

Videos are available in 720HD (though they start in 360p)

The orange tape is to hold the angel eyes in-place to allow the glue to set.

When you drill the holes for the angel eyes, make sure you start at a 90 degree angle on the body and then turn the drill to level. You'll end up with an "oval" hole which makes the angel eyes shine straight ahead instead of up.

Hope you enjoyed watching it
    Now to water -and dustproof the electronics.

Ray
    Last edited by Cobalt3001; 03-09-2012 at 06:36 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Thats awesome man!!!! Is that a kit or did you create it? 8 channel modelcraft? how does something like that connect to the reciever?
    Define Spam...

RC Racer
    That's freaking awesome!

RC Competitor
    Great job on the layout buttoning up those wires! The reverse lights are a nice touch too, hadn't thought of that. I've got almost the exact same lighting kit, minus the underglows and reverse lights...I can only hope to have it as neatly installed as yours. What kind of glue did you use?

RC poster
    Hi Wileybrett,
    Thx! It's a lighting kit by Modelcraft (model no: LS-02) which has 8 output channels and two input channels which are hooked up with Y-cables to both the throttle and steering. The signal from the ESC is split in two, one goes to the servo and one goes to the lighting kit. Then it's soldering up all the leds.

RC poster
    Hi Killboydotcom,
    I picked up Evobond W-20 by Jamara but basically every cyanacrylate based glue should work. I put a rubber tube over the angel eyes LED's and glued that to the shell. This way I can still remove the LEDs if (or probably: when ) I wreck the bodyshell.

this is also very cool... sounds liek a lot of work though, i know i wouldnt have the patience for it

RC Qualifier
    Great job, most impressive!