RC Champion

Xtreme RC racing Carbon Fiber XO-1 chassis

So I saw on bigsquid that a company came out with a carbon fiber chassis for the XO-1! I think thats pretty cool!

Pic...

New from Xtreme RC Racing is a Carbon Fiber Chassis for the Traxxas XO-1. Itís lighter and as well as stiffer than stock to help try and keep those high speeds as consistent as possible. They also have a carbon top plate. The chassis will cost about $150 and the top plate another $45.

Hit the information page over on Xtreme RC Racingís website for all the info.
    I wonder how much higher those speeds will go with a lighter chassis? or will it just be too light?
    Hows that nitro taste on your electric?

RC Champion
    I doubt you'd be able to tell stock from CF in terms of speed but the stiffness of CF may improve handling in certain conditions

RC Racer
    there is a thread about this already.

fyi

Yup, there's another thread from a few days ago... Nevertheless, the XO-1 weights 3900g, so, if the CF chassis is 160gr less than stock, that means it will weight 3740g... That's only 4% less in weight... I don't know how much more speed you can get on that 4%...
    He who dies with the most toys wins !!!

RC Competitor
    As much as I love cf, I'm actually trying to make my cars heavier to keep them from going airborne.

RC Racer
    Al tho i love CF parts this is a part i would simply pass on considering how fast the XO-1 is and how low it sits to the ground. A few years ago i had a all CF TC4 set up for 105MPH and while the chassis was nice and the car looked great every time the car would bottom out a little bit from normal driving at high speed the chassis in the rear would simply split apart. I lost 3 chassis this way until i just sold the car off. At the speeds the Xo-1 is ment to drive at carbon fiber is as tough as chalk your drive way.

For a slower set up CF 40-60ish MPH id say its a nice touch to add to your car but for the guys that are planning on running the XO-1 at 100MPH all day long ever day...... I dont see the chassis lasting very long at all. Just my 2 Cents

Extreme does great work, ive used there shock towers for years, congrats on such a great looking chassis