RC Racer

Anyone linked a TQi to a none Traxxas Model yet?

As title really.

How did it go?

I'm really interested a TQi, but want radio gear to run all my models, one of which isn't Traxxas.

Thanks
    Newth

Traxxas will link to Traxxas only. No cross-contamination, so to speak. So if your non-Traxxas vehicle has a Traxxas LINK compatible receiver then it should.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Sorry, should have put the question better, my bad.

I realise it will need the correct Traxxas receiver installed, I was more curious how the transmitter/iphone/app worked with none Traxxas stuff.

I have an E-revo & a Ken Block Rally, both i guess will work fine once I upgrade the receivers (if needed), but how will the transmitter cope with my crawler, which is bits of all sorts thrown together?

RC Competitor
    I have a2.4 link in my drift non traxxas car and same with my crawler and it works great. Just got the tqi and I'm gonna link that with my rcs, should work just the same though

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    An Tx communicates with the Rx... the Rx does not care what is hooked up to it or what it is in; it just sends signal and power to whatever you have attached to it.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    An Tx communicates with the Rx... the Rx does not care what is hooked up to it or what it is in; it just sends signal and power to whatever you have attached to it.
    Thanks, but I already know that. I was more interested in how the app handled it. My bad, should have been more specific.

RC Competitor
    The app has no functionality to put a photo of your own car or anything in there, you just create a new profile, pick the closest traxxas car as the starting point and change all the settings.
    For the most part you'd only be playing around with the steering and throttle expo on a crawler anyway, so it'll work fine.

RC Racer
    I've finally borrowed an Iphone & had a look at the app.
    I'm now not sure what I think. It appears you only have option to reverse channels 3,4 & 5, but that's it. Have I missed something, ie end point adjustment?