Thread: AirBrushing?

RC Enthusiast

AirBrushing?

went on a shopping spree this week.Picked up a air brush and a new regualted compressor the other day, got myself some paint, and two new bodies, the baja bug for my slash, and a 98 camaro for my onroad. Figured i'd give myself something to do over the break, as the girlfriends gone a way, first time picking up a brush, i must say, it doesn't look horrible, learned quite a bit. like a need to slow down a little And to not to jump out of the chair every time the compressor turns on. woops painted it bright yellow with black on the hood indents, and gun metal on the engine. For the camaro i'm going purple, trying to go for a old challenger look. Any tips on airbushing would be great. thanks

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    One tip... post pics...
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    Defiantly post up pictures. Bout the only painting tip I can give you is take your time like you said slow down. The longer it takes the better you will like them.

RC Competitor
    I can give you all kinds of tips but I have no idea what you are doing. What kind of brush? paint? what pressure? thinning paint? splattering problems? When it comes to just spraying stencled rc shells its pretty easy.. When you want to go for true fire and other details thats when the difficulty sets in.

RC Enthusiast

The beetle was my first airbrush job, a little to much over spray , not enough coats, the camaro is my next project set to start after i clean up my mess from the last one, and the skyline, was a old project than ended up break a couple weeks back, still think it looks sick.

RC Champion
    That 'bug' glows man! I would love to pick up an airbrush and learn but my eye to hand coordination just never seems to communicate like I want! I would be too critical of my own work and would need about 10 bodies to practice on

I think you are going to do fine, I on the other hand will have to lend this kind of work to someone other than me!
    Good luck and have fun

Quote Originally Posted by OpTiMuSpRiMe501 View Post
    And to not to jump out of the chair every time the compressor turns on.
    I hear you on that one. I use a big Campbell Hausfeld upright shop air compressor and it's loud when it kicks on. I've used it and heard it kick on so much I would think I'd be used to it, but when you're sitting there all peaceful and concentrated spraying away, then BLAM. It gets you every time.

RC Enthusiast
    Thats the same name as mine, dunno what size it is, but i'm more used to the big one in my garage. thats what caused most of my overspray. than i started looking at the gauge every few minutes so i wouldn't mess up.