RC Competitor

clicking sound in rear/ slipper cluth area

i was bashing around a parking lot toady, when i started to notice a loud clicking sound coming from the rear, i took the rear end off and left the slipper clutch in, and spun the front wheels, watching the it spin i saw that the spurgear was warped, or maybe the whole thing is warp, not sure, but could this be the reason for the sound. aslo in the rear diff theres a little clicking sound, the rear doesnt feel smooth when turning the wheels. im told it could be a chipped gear. any input would be nice
    Last edited by driftjumpcrawl91; 03-08-2012 at 09:28 AM.

RC Qualifier
    usually when i get a clicking sound its something stuck in the spur gear, like a small rock or small sticks

Koda is correct! I would check the teeth in your spur gear for debris.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Competitor
    yupp, it was dirt, a freind of mine saw it, i look and i couldnt see it, thats a huge relief cuz i thought something was going to need replacing

Glad it was something simple. We are here to help! Welcome to the addiction and forum
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Racer
    I had that problems just last week and it turned out I had a bent drive shaft that was wearing the main bearing out. Was kinda bummed at first but it turned out to be a pretty easy fix.

RC Competitor
    I just heard the same clicking noise after a test session at my local track. I took the slipper clutch out and inspected the spur gear. The spur gear had a wobble to it and three teeth had been worn down. Hopefully all that is needed is a new spur gear. So I ordered the 50 and 54 tooth spurs.

RC Qualifier
    also, sometimes when i have my mesh set incorrect the worn plastic can build up in the teeth and get stuck

RC Qualifier
    check the bearing that the bearing/clutch shaft rides on too; those are OH so common to fail; they take a lot of abuse, not to mention the dust and dirt that get jammed into them
    fix, run, break, repeat