RC poster

TQ 2.4GHz question?

I'm new to RC cars but my dad use to be really into this,

My question is,
    Does the TQ 2.4GHz (thats included in the 1/16 E-REVO VXL) let me hook up my iPhone to view the statistics of everything or do I have to spend an extra $200?

RC Competitor
    Hi CR 125, If you want to hook up the iPhone to the controller you will need the controller that comes with the new XO-1 car so you would have to spend the extra money yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by BuiltFORDTuff View Post
    Hi CR 125, If you want to hook up the iPhone to the controller you will need the controller that comes with the new XO-1 car so you would have to spend the extra money yeah!
    If you want new features and capabilities, you usually do have to pay for them. I don't understand the reason for the thumbsdown, but I know it is not deserved.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by BuiltFORDTuff View Post
    Will it still load Traxxas Link on my phone and show the statistics? Or am I just stupid

With no data, there are no statistics.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Competitor
    [QUOTE=ksb51rl;5088714]If you want new features and capabilities, you usually do have to pay for them. I don't understand the reason for the thumbsdown, but I know it is not deserved.[/QUOTE

I know that if you want all the bells and whistles and the latest and greatest that you will dish out the cash for it. Aren't most Traxxas vehicle's coming with the TQi 2.4ghz system now minus the docking base. Small handful of vehicle's with docking base TQi's are XO-1, Revo 3.3, Emaxx Brushless, ERevo Brushless, and Slash 4x4 Ultimate. So if you bought one of the other vehicle's with the new TQi 2.4ghz system's and wanted one with the docking base you would have to pay more money for pretty much the same thing. So yes, spending even money for the same item is a bummer. I'm just curious as to why Traxxas didn't make all TQi's come with the docking base. I would rather buy, say a Stampede 4x4 with TQi with Docking Base for more money than one with a basic TQi. I don't even have an iphone or ipod. Now if Traxxas does a power up program for the basic TQi 2.4ghz transmitter so you can upgrade to the TQi 2.4ghz with Docking Base that would great I would like that. But, until then I'll stick to the regular Traxxas 2.4ghz Link system it's never let my down.

The docking base is available separately.

RC Competitor
    Oh, I know it is sold separately. I can't find any pictures of just the optional docking base what everything shows is that the docking base is on the transmitter that comes with the XO-1, Revo 3.3, Emaxx Brushless, ERevo Brushless, and Slash 4x4 Ultimate. So is it really a separate piece that can be plugged in and attached to the Basic TQi or is it really only on the other transmitter.

Seems to be a failure to communicate here. The TQi is modular transmitter. The standard base detaches (guessing with two or more screws/fasteners) and the docking base attaches.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

A friend of mine has one and asked how to attach the docking base if he ever gets one.
    I am trying to remember... but I think one screw removes one side of the handle, and two screws up from the bottom that hold the base on, and one connector for the battery.

Now to attach the docking base, I imagine there will be another plug... so you might have to tear into it a little further.

In any case, I imagine there will be directions when the base is purchased.
    I highly doubt Traxxas is going to leave you hanging. lol

RC Competitor
    There's no failure to communicate.
    So the answer would have been yes it is a separate piece and it would attach to the bottom of the transmitter. Thank You Jimmie