RC Qualifier

what motor and esc should i upgrade to ????

anyone have some suggestions as to what esc and motor i can upgrade my slash 4x4 too ???? i have the velineon in it now but im looking for more power soo i need some suggestions... thanks

RC Champion
    What batteries are you running? If you've got some good quality ones, I'd go with a Castle 2400 Combo. That setup is pretty bulletproof from what I've heard. I will be ordering one myself soon.
    Land of the free?

RC Qualifier
    im running 3s 5000 lipos.. yeah i was thinking bout that set up too.... lot of jing thou... didnt know if there was anything cheaper out there... i heard talks of hobby kings ????

RC Qualifier
    say what about the castle 3800 series??? is that any good ???? dont know much between the two... thanks

In my two trucks i have two different setups. In my original truck, I'm running the 2400 Castle system. It has gobs of power and torque geared 22/50. In my Ultimate I have a Novak SC 5.5 sensored motor. It has a lot of smooth power and torque. It is mated to a MMP and is a great system also. There are plenty of options out there. Do some research and you will find what works best for you
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    In my two trucks i have two different setups. In my original truck, I'm running the 2400 Castle system. It has gobs of power and torque geared 22/50. In my Ultimate I have a Novak SC 5.5 sensored motor. It has a lot of smooth power and torque. It is mated to a MMP and is a great system also. There are plenty of options out there. Do some research and you will find what works best for you
    is that 2400 system accepted at races ????

To be honest, if I were to get into racing, I would use my truck with the Novak and MMP. From what I read the 2400 isn't the best motor to use if you are going to run a 2s Lipo in. If the track you will be running on doesn't have a 2s Lipo restriction, I think it would be good for racing.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    To be honest, if I were to get into racing, I would use my truck with the Novak and MMP. From what I read the 2400 isn't the best motor to use if you are going to run a 2s Lipo in. If the track you will be running on doesn't have a 2s Lipo restriction, I think it would be good for racing.
    where can i find this setup ??? havent heard of novak and mmp before... if you can share a link that would help me out... thanks a ton

RC Qualifier
    hi def 2400 is a bashing motor it was made for bashers and it is good geared correctly +1 to el sob in the castle line the 3800 is the racers one most tracks have the 2s limit on batteries and the 3800 is set for that the 2400 is set up for 3s recommended 4s and higher at your own risk. i have the 2400 and love it im testing gearng at the moment on 20/50 right now and i run 3s only right now ,but el is right do your research whole lot of choices for you. see what twist your fancy

RC Qualifier
    If your running at a track with a 2s lipo restriction i would stay go with the 3800kv mmp. the 2400 didnt have the power i wanted on 2s, but all tge power comes out when you gear the 2400 up and run 3and4s
    Racing in the Past, Present, and Future...MAYBE

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by blknryzn View Post
    hi def 2400 is a bashing motor it was made for bashers and it is good geared correctly +1 to el sob in the castle line the 3800 is the racers one most tracks have the 2s limit on batteries and the 3800 is set for that the 2400 is set up for 3s recommended 4s and higher at your own risk. i have the 2400 and love it im testing gearng at the moment on 20/50 right now and i run 3s only right now ,but el is right do your research whole lot of choices for you. see what twist your fancy
    hey thanks for the info... helps alolt to all... so if i were to run this 3800 series... itll be good for bashing and racing ??? have i got that right ??? and id be able to run my 3s lipo in it ???? again thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by hi def man View Post
    where can i find this setup ??? havent heard of novak and mmp before... if you can share a link that would help me out... thanks a ton
    That is a combo that I put together. It is an excellent combo! The Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro with the Novak SC 5.5 3700kv motor. If you go to towerhobbies.com you can find them. The Novak also works well with the VXL esc. The 2700 works well with 2 and 3s. Has very smooth power. Can turn your truck into a crawler that can run 60+ mph. On a friends back yard track it is great for smoothly accelerating out of corners for better traction control.
    Last edited by El Sob; 03-08-2012 at 08:43 AM.

RC Champion
    i've gone through three mamba max pros while running 3s. I have a mamba monster in mine now and I've ordered one for the wifes truck as well. I'm running the 2400 and she has the 3800 motor
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E G-Slayer

RC Qualifier
    what do you think of this setup ??? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBLCE&P=7 let me know your thoughts... thanks again for your help

RC Qualifier
    what do you think of this setup ??? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBLCE&P=7 let me know your thoughts... thanks again for your help
    that is a great setup i just upgraded to the 2400 motor from the 3800 only cause i want to run more cells. it runs a little hot on 3s but its a little monster.
    A Main Hobbies has it for 229.99USD

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...rce=google_ext

mmp 3800 - 2s-3s

mmp 2400 - 3s-4s

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Koda Dank View Post
    that is a great setup i just upgraded to the 2400 motor from the 3800 only cause i want to run more cells. it runs a little hot on 3s but its a little monster.
    A Main Hobbies has it for 229.99USD

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...rce=google_ext

mmp 3800 - 2s-3s

mmp 2400 - 3s-4s
    whats with the points ???? how does that work ???

RC Qualifier
    BIG BLOCK 550 can motor with a compatible ESC. You know what they say GO BIG OR GO HOME lol.
    4x4 Slash 5.5 Big Block

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jay janak View Post
    BIG BLOCK 550 can motor with a compatible ESC. You know what they say GO BIG OR GO HOME lol.
    where can i find this ????

RC Qualifier
    I us a Trinity 550 big block 3750 kv with a MMP esc. Here it is with a 2 cell
    Last edited by jay janak; 03-08-2012 at 02:20 PM.
    4x4 Slash 5.5 Big Block

RC Qualifier
    whats with the points ???? how does that work ???
    what do you mean, on a main, if so i have no idea