RC Competitor

Latrax Corvette: Mission Accomplished

After years of searching, I finally obtained the elusive Latrax Corvette from the late 1970's. I just got it in the mail today, and the car looks almost brand new. It puts to an end of a long search that began in 2003. Trying to find one of these cars is a challenge. Here is the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310378994046...84.m1497.l2649

Does anyone else feel the same way about Latrax cars being very rare these day?

RC Champion
    I love the old skool controller. And at least it didn't cost Tamiya Black Porsche 934 money.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    That thing is sweet... I love that the chassis is just a flat piece of aluminum or steel... pretty high tech compared to what we have to day eh!!!
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    That thing is sweet... I love that the chassis is just a flat piece of aluminum or steel... pretty high tech compared to what we have to day eh!!!
    I know the feeling. I first saw the Latrax cars in 1981 and fell in love with them. Although I never had one to play with as a kid, But I always wanted one for my collection. As of now, I have the following Latrax cars:

The Corvette
    The Trans am Fire Bird
    Lancia Stratos
    Mustang Cobra(Red and Black Strip models)
    The Hustler Buggy
    The Toy Speed Boat LTX-30

If I had gone for the unused LTX-31 speedboat last year on ebay, I would have had 8 unused Latrax models by now.

They don't pop up that often. But they are quite special for those who remember the early days of R/C cars.

RC poster
    I came across mine by pure chance. I have a blue corvette with out the transmitter. As soon as the guy finds the chassis I am getting a white one

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by slim_chance View Post
    I came across mine by pure chance. I have a blue corvette with out the transmitter. As soon as the guy finds the chassis I am getting a white one
    Check you PM.

RC Competitor
    Here is another link to another exciting vintage Latrax

http://hobby.marktplaats.nl/modelbou...o-vintage.html

RC Competitor
    Does anyone else have a Latrax collection to share?

RC Racer
    I came across a few interesting peaces of literature.

A whole lot more in the album
    Link to Picasa album

I do have the semi, though the drive-train has seen better days

RC Competitor
    Were you the bidder who won that auction from Ebay not too long ago? I must admit that the products that Latrax had was awesome. The only model that I have yet to see is the Pick-up LTX-44 and the Jetprop Commander LTX-60.

As for the Semi, now that's a rare gem. I saw one on ebay last year. But I managed to obtain a similar one from Yahoo Japan Auctions a few months later:

The vintage Latrax toys are not easy to find. And it is very rare to find any sort of background information about them.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 01-25-2014 at 05:22 AM.

RC Racer
    Yes I was, I also picked up the semi that was on there.
    And I now find out that it's missing the ramp

The rabbit hole started for me with that grey cobra I found at a toy show and I've been tumbling down since then.

I was rather amazed at how little interest there was in the catalog. The last few LTX-40s went pretty astronomical in price. Though that blue Porsche was immaculate.

I'm not sure if there's an age difference between the catalog and pamphlet. The LTX-60 number also refers to a glider.
    I'm curious if the 60 and the 44 actually made it to market.
    And we all know the life expectancy of planes

The lack of information on the LTX-50 is odd, did that come later? Maybe it was the replacement for the 44

Found a video with Twiggy actually skiing behind an LTX-31

RC Competitor
    Hi George,
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful memories on Latrax. My interest in Latrax began around October 1981 with the Mustang Cobra at Toy R us. I asked my dad to buy it for me. At the time, you have pick up a ticket and bring it to the sales counter so that they could get it for you from the back. When the sales rep. told my dad that the car would be $50.00(a lot of money in 1981), he was not too happy about it. So I said let's get something else. It would be almost 30 years later that I was able to find one that was new in the package thanks to Yahoo Japan Auctions:

I always knew that Yahoo Japan Auctions might have what I was looking for. But it was simply a needle in a very large haystack.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 01-26-2014 at 01:40 AM.

RC Champion
    cool site if im on teh right one.. this could get me in trouble..

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    cool site if I'm on the right one.. this could get me in trouble..
    Not really. All comments are welcomed. What is your favorite Latrax R/C?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Not really. All comments are welcomed. What is your favorite Latrax R/C?
    I meant it could get me in trouble for spending money.. I like em all as it brings me back to when i first got into RC and times were simple and i really did not have a care in the world

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    I meant it could get me in trouble for spending money.. I like em all as it brings me back to when i first got into RC and times were simple and i really did not have a care in the world
    I know what you mean. I have spent more than $5K just to find most of the vintage R/C cars out there over the past decade. The last R/C being the Shinsei Range Rover Paris Dakar Rally Safari 4x4 RC:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shinsei-Rang...vip=true&rt=nc

The car originally listed for the starting bid of $250.00, and a Buy it Now for $350.00. I am certainly glad that I got the R/C for less than what it's worth because I wasn't going to pay that much money for an R/C anymore with regards to the vintage stuff on the Toy level.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Awesome! I'm jealous and I hate you guys for getting those RCs! Someday I'll add one to my vintage collection...

200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    Awesome! I'm jealous and I hate you guys for getting those RCs! Someday I'll add one to my vintage collection...

How is progress on you Fiero: Jiffy Lube Edition?

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    There was a LaTrax corvette on ebay this week. I did not win.....

FLM BL E-Maxx - BL Slash - BL 4Tec - Wraith - SCX-10 - Custom Axial 6WD - Custom Losi micro Monster Truck - Losi Micro-T Hummer - Custom Losi Micro Peterbilt Crawler - More to come!!
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXXXMASHER View Post
    There was a LaTrax corvette on ebay this week. I did not win.....
    Latrax models are very tough to get as they are so scarce on Ebay. With the new Latrax R/C's from Traxxas, its even more difficult to find a vintage Latrax. I am glad that I do not have to worry about those things anymore as it took me years(on and off) just to find a few of them NIB.

RC Competitor
    Nowadays, with the revival of Latrax, I don't see the vintage Latrax appear as often as last year. Any like to post any videos of pictures of their vintage Latrax?

RC Competitor
    It seems that they are hardly any vintage Latrax collectors these days ever since Traxxas revived the brand and successful buried the original Latrax into obscurity.....