Thread: Xo-1 upgrades

RC Racer

Xo-1 upgrades

Well guys, as some of you know I wrecked my car pretty hard. It was my own fault, I should have known better than to drive it so fast in a parking lot that I was unfamiliar with. Oh well. So I have decided that while waiting for the necessary parts to become available ( i will not pay the rediculous ebay prices) i will take the time to make some changes. First of all, I have a heli gyro laying around, so I will employ that in the XO. I also will be changing out the stock steering servo. ( speed is way to slow for this car). I will most likely need to add a bec to the car because of the better servo. Then comes the esc... I have been considering the xl2 from mamba, but have heard rumors of new 10s+ esc's in the works, so I may hold off. If anyone has any Ideas of other things to try, let me know. LOL, I have time to tinker.... -Chris

RC Racer
    For instance, every other car I have has some droop in the suspension. The xo-1 has none. I an considering changing the shocks to big bores, either the fronts or rears all around. And a progressive rate spring. Something that starts very soft, then rests on the stiffer progression of the spring. I think the car would do well if the shocks could keep the tires on the ground when the chassis gets light.

RC Champion
    The rear diffuser will get in the way of the rear arms.
    Jeremy

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    We're already talking in the other thread... but "big bore" shocks? Do you mean like for the Slash?

Those are a smaller bore than the stock shocks... although they are longer.... I just don't think thats an upgrade. The stock GTR's are pretty good....

If you want longer shocks, you can back the rod end out, or even look for a longer one. I offered some longer ends meant for the pushrods off the ERBE to my buddy. He came back saying they were for a 4mm thread when the GTR's are only 3mm.... he's right, but one could fill the rod end with JB weld, tap it, and then fit the shocks... it can be done...